Can't get 300mbps, can't even get more than 95mbps.

chickitycha
Grasshopper

Wired connection. Did the initial setup and the "if the initial doesn't work" setup, and still nothing. Factory reset my modem. Unplugged, replugged, half a dozen times. Restarted my computer, shutdown my computer, etc. Nothing works. Strangely enough, I was getting 170mbps in October but can't even crack 100mbps the last two months.

24 Replies

Re: Can't get 300mbps, can't even get more than 95mbps.

shaw-tamara

Hey  

Just a couple questions to start. Are you using your own router or just the Shaw modem? Which site did you use for the speedtest?

0 Kudos

chickitycha
Grasshopper

Just the Shaw Modem. I managed to get the Speed back up to 170mbps but it kept throttling down to 40 then back up to 170. Was using the Shaw Speed Test for the best connection. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

chickitycha thank you for confirming, that is certainly very odd. It may be something else causing this issue (poor signal to the modem, network card/device limitations, etc). I'd recommend touching base with our technical support team members to further troubleshoot your equipment and connections.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Is your computer wired?  95 mbps is the 'magic number' that happens if your computer is only connecting at 100 mbps rather than 1000.

0 Kudos

chickitycha
Grasshopper

I was wondering if it's possible to do a reset on Shaw's end, might be the culprit as well. Wifi speedtest shows 150mbps, going as high as 180mbps, but on the computer it's still 95mbps.

0 Kudos

chickitycha
Grasshopper

What do you mean by that? Yes it's wired. I find it super bizarre the wifi is faster than the wired.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

your computers lan port, is it 100mbps or a gigabit (1000).

Did you get 170 with it before on that lan port?

Cause if you did, this is a pointless run around, but I'll play

0 Kudos

computous
Grasshopper

And apparently This doubling of the speed is not valid for Shaws Business customers.. Thats kinda Unfair

0 Kudos

Not applicable

could be any of the many issues, or maybe more than one from the cable to the modem, network card or an issue in the settings. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help