> it didn't allow me to enter after input the ID/password...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> it didn't allow me to enter after input the ID/password.

This indicates that your IP-address is fully capable of reaching that server. 

So, changing your IP-address will not make any difference.

> I can't use the "bridged" mode because I'm using shaw Pods.

Note that you may configure "Passthrough" on your BlueCurve. Then, when you connect your computer to the designated Ethernet port on the BlueCurve, your computer *WILL* obtain a different IP-address than the one assigned to the BlueCurve. 

But, changing your IP-address will not make any difference.

> It shows BLZBNTBNA00000A8D(1118).  It only allows me to retry or offline.

Have you tried an Internet search for "BLZBNTBNA00000A8D", and then tried some of the recommendations?

> But still can't use other Chinese apps that connect to the China server.

That is a "qualitative" statement. Please add some "quantitative" information, e.g., which apps, which China server, and what symptoms, or error-message, do you see?

0 Kudos

This happened to me and they try to send me a new modem,...

Tim24
Grasshopper

This happened to me and they try to send me a new modem, If this isn't working I will just switch to telus.

0 Kudos

> This happened to me and they try to send me a new modem...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> This happened to me and they try to send me a new modem, If this isn't working I will just switch to TELUS.

This thread now has 51 replies, with lots of explanations & advice. Have you read all of those replies? Which of the suggestions did you try?

Exactly what happened? Did you see the "logon" page on the server? If so, then your current modem is fully capable of connecting to that server, and you have a problem with your ID/password not being accepted by that site. Changing the modem will change your IP-address, but when you see that "logon" page, your ID/password will still not be accepted.

Changing to TELUS will also get you a new modem, and a change of your IP-address, but when you see that "logon" page, your ID/password will still not be accepted.

Also, during the COVID-19 pandemic, TELUS will not permit their technician to enter your home, to wire-up the "last mile".  You could be waiting literally for months to get connected. But, still, your ID/password will not be accepted. 

It might be possible for the TELUS technician to put the TELUS router in your garage, and then tell you to use WiFi to connect all your devices to the WiFi receiver inside the TELUS router. Hopefully, your computers have "fast" WiFi network adapters, if you intend to do "online-gaming" over WiFi.

0 Kudos

oh no :(. Your best bet is to touch base with technical s...

shaw-tony

@Kai26 oh no :(. Your best bet is to touch base with technical support so they can send you a modem to swap. Feel free to link them our conversation here.

0 Kudos

Thanks for you advise. Your colleague has submitted a new...

Kai26
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony Thanks for you advise. Your colleague has submitted a new modem request for me. Fingercrossed this issue will go away.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome👍

This happened to me,I cannot visit the Chinese website to...

Pengtz
Grasshopper

This happened to me,I cannot visit the Chinese website today. For example, my stock website,gufa.com.cn    guba.com.cn   xueqiu.com

I found that my modem has been upgraded remotely. Before Wifi was Tkit/AES, now it only has AES. Then my wifi can't be used normally, and it will be disconnected in 3 minutes. Immediately after that, I connected the modem with rj45 and found that many Chinese websites could not be accessed anymore.
Please help me replace a modem.

0 Kudos

I reset my modem, but it didn't work.

Pengtz
Grasshopper

I reset my modem, but it didn't work.

0 Kudos

-- I reset my modem, but it didn't work. Your modem has a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pengtz -- I reset my modem, but it didn't work.

Your modem has a network-adapter with a unique MAC-address.

Once Shaw associates an IP-address with that MAC-address, you always get the same IP-address, even after powering-off/powering-on or a full "reset" of the modem. In short, a "reset" does nothing to address your specific issue.

However, haw may do a "split" of their network in your part of your city when they get too many customers on a "branch" of their network. In that case, half of the Shaw customers get a new IP-address.

> I cannot visit the Chinese website today. For example, my stock website, gufa.com.cn    guba.com.cn   xueqiu.com

I cannot find an IP-address for "gufa". Both "guba" and "xueqiu" are servers located inside China, behind the "Great Chinese Firewall".  That firewall is blocking the IP-address that Shaw has assigned to your cable-modem. If you connect via some other method, e.g., Shaw Go WiFi, or a friend's cable-modem, or via cellular data, or via VPN, that firewall sees a different IP-address, and that IP-address is not blocked.

0 Kudos

It has been accessible normally for 3 years, only from Ma...

Pengtz
Grasshopper

It has been accessible normally for 3 years, only from Mar3. Now my wifi can’t connect, I’m sure it’s the remote upgrade of the modem that caused the problem.

0 Kudos

-- Now my wifi can’t connect Are you saying that your wir...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pengtz -- Now my wifi can’t connect

Are you saying that your wireless-enabled device cannot connect to the WiFi network supplied by your cable-modem?

The ID and password for the WiFi network are printed on the label on the cable-modem. Are you using those values?

I’m sure it’s the remote upgrade of the modem that caused the problem.

I strongly disagree.  It seems that, as of March 3, 2021, the Great Firewall of China is blocking the IP-address that Shaw has assigned to your cable-modem. If you use a VPN, or access any of the Shaw Go WiFi sites, or connect via WiFi to a friend's Shaw cable-modem, or connect via WiFi to a friend's TELUS modem, can you connect to those web-sites inside China?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help