You are right, I tried to trace the route. My network seg...

Pengtz
Grasshopper

You are right, I tried to trace the route. My network segment of 24.66.127.x is blocked by China. Starting from 2021.03.03. I don't know how long this situation will last. Can I change to another IP address? My neighbor, also a shaw user, has no problem with 24.66.107.x. And I can’t access all Chinese websites.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your information. My network segm...

Pengtz
Grasshopper

Thank you very much for your information. My network segment 24.66.127.x has been blocked by China from 2021.03.03. I am trying to communicate with customer service to change a network segment, but they disagree. Can I turn off the modem for 48 hours and then turn it on again. Will I get a new network segment address? I think the update time of wan dhcp is about 36 hours.

0 Kudos

-- Can I turn off the modem for 48 hours and then turn it...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pengtz -- Can I turn off the modem for 48 hours and then turn it on again. Will I get a different IP-address? I think the update time of wan dhcp is about 36 hours.

If Shaw won't change your IP-address, then convincing Shaw to replace the cable-modem definitely will give you a different IP-address.

Logging-in to my HITRON cable-modem, I see: Lease Time 172800 [seconds --> 48 hours] but your results may vary.

I don't know if powering-off your cable-modem until the current "lease" expires will be sufficient to get a different IP-address after you power-on the device. Sorry, but I am not willing to run that experiment on your behalf.

0 Kudos

i am having the same issue too. when i use tracert in com...

cnyifei
Grasshopper

i am having the same issue too. when i use tracert in command prompt. it stopped exactly the same IP address.
any one solve the issue by ask shaw ti replace a new moderm ?

0 Kudos

-- any one solve the issue by asking Shaw to replace the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cnyifei -- any one solve the issue by asking Shaw to replace the modem?

Here is a comment from @shaw-tony  from 13 months ago:

‎2020-05-11 07:57 AM 

Your best bet is to touch base with technical support, so they can send you a modem to swap.

Feel free to link them our conversation here.

In summary, having a different cable-modem will get you a different IP-address. Hopefully, the "Great Firewall Of China" is not blocking that IP-address.

Or, if you "bridge" the cable-modem, and connect a third-party Internet router, then that modem will get a different IP-address from Shaw's DHCP-server, namely the MAC-address of the WAN port of the router, instead of the MAC-address of the WAN port of the cable-modem. Purchase a router where you can change the MAC-address of the router's WAN interface, so that you can change it, as often as needed.

0 Kudos

after three call with shaw techinal support, hours of wai...

cnyifei
Grasshopper

after three call with shaw techinal support, hours of waiting, they said they can not do anything as connection lost after leaving shaw internet.
they dont even willing to swap a modem with me. 

0 Kudos

Never mind.

rstra
Grand Master

Never mind.

0 Kudos

there are thousands of websties that i can not access.

cnyifei
Grasshopper

there are thousands of websties that i can not access.

0 Kudos

-- [Shaw Support] said they can not do anything as connec...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cnyifei -- [Shaw Support] said they can not do anything as connection lost after leaving shaw internet.they dont even willing to swap a modem with me. 

It is strange that Shaw no longer offers what @shaw-tony recommended, a while ago.

So, as previously stated, "bridge" your cable-modem, so that Shaw's DHCP-server will assign a different IP-address to your account.

QED

0 Kudos

-- there are thousands of websties that i can not access....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cnyifei -- there are thousands of websties that i can not access.

Please name a few of them, so that we can try to access them.

Please name a few that are hosted inside the Peoples Republic of China.

Please name a few of them that are hosted elsewhere in the world?

What Operating System are you using? Apple IOS? Windows? Linux? Chromebook?

What web-browser? Safari? Firefox? Internet Explorer? Google Chrome? Microsoft Edge?

Are you using an "Internet Security" program, that is both a "firewall" and an anti-virus? That "firewall" could be blocking "outbound" connections.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help