Jump to solution

--  the rep just said if you do you will have to pay a $6...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@taz12004 --  the rep just said if you do you will have to pay a $695 cancellation fee.

That person is incorrect.

If you cancel after the first month of a two-year Value Plan, the cancellation fee is 23 times $20, namely $460, if you have both Shaw Internet & Shaw TV. If you only have one service, the cancellation fee is 23 times $15.

get rid of Shaw

Rogers is doing that, as of April 1, 2023, by merging Shaw into their empire.

Jump to solution

Shaw changed the early cancellation fee to $15 and $30.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Shaw changed the early cancellation fee to $15 and $30.

Jump to solution

wrote: $30 Does that fee apply to Shaw customers with a c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra wrote: $30

Does that fee apply to Shaw customers with a current two-year Value Plan contract, or just to new contracts?

IANAL

What do you think will happen when the current Shaw customers become Rogers customers?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I would think that Shaw would honour the terms of the con...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  I would think that Shaw would honour the terms of the contract. My July 2022 contract has the $15/$20 cancellation.

I haven’t looked into the details of Rogers’ “Term Service” agreement. I found this pdf that has the details and would assume that Shaw customers would be offered the same deal at some point.

https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/Rogers-residential-service-agreement.pdf

Jump to solution

Hi unfortunately we don't get Telus tv or internet where...

taz12004
Grasshopper

Hi unfortunately we don't get Telus tv or internet where I am in thunder bay. I wish I did. Only other here is tbaytel and are worse than shaw. We do get satellite but in my building aren't able to put a satelight in here. They need way more providers here it's always only between tbaytel and shaw. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What I don't get. We are the customers I don't understand...

taz12004
Grasshopper

What I don't get. We are the customers I don't understand why they feel that they have to train their customers into staying with shaw services by charging $695. If there service was good and the customer reps I have had experiences with a few that yelled at me in the phone spoke to me very rudely while was trying to speak to them about the issue called for didn't treat their customers as well if you go someplace else you are going to have to pay getting upwards of $1000 so we have no choice unhappily. Why don't their reps treat you with respect and polite and their service is better getting what you initially signed up for them their customers would want to stay no problem. I think it's just so many issues the reps treat you like that cause they know you can't cancel cause will have to pay getting on over $500 too 100$ just to leave them and can't pay that. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

You don’t have to sign up for a value plan, you can go mo...

rstra
Grand Master

@taz12004  You don’t have to sign up for a value plan, you can go month to month.

0 Kudos