-- having the exact same issue Are you using a desktop co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Fograyn -- having the exact same issue

Are you using a desktop computer, connected via an Ethernet cable, or a notebook computer, connected via your in-home WiFi network?

If you take your notebook to some "free WiFi" site (MacDonalds, TimHortons, Starbucks, "ShawGo"), can you connect? Or, to some friend's house, to use their WiFi?

PC? Mac? Tablet? iPad? iPhone? Android?

Do you have an "Internet Security" package (anti-virus plus firewall) such as Norton or McAfee? It could be blocking.

Do you have multiple devices?  Can any of them connect?

Has this ever been solved???  I have the exact same issue...

MarkHefford
Grasshopper

Has this ever been solved???  I have the exact same issue for over 2 weeks.  Various devices cannot access sites over wifi.  Now my nvidia shield cannot access apps.  So weird, everything seems to see the wifi SSID and connect to it, but devices cannot access websites or apps?  I even had shaw send a new modem, exact same issue.  

0 Kudos

Answer  ‘s post and provide the sites that you cannot acc...

rstra
Grand Master

Answer @mdk ‘s post and provide the sites that you cannot access. 

-- are you using some "Internet Security" package, that h...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MarkHefford -- are you using some "Internet Security" package, that has some "firewall" and "web-site security" features?

Does your computer have the correct date & time & timezone?

If you take your WiFi-capable device to some "public" location (Tim Hortons, Starbucks, McDonalds), can you access the desired web-sites through their network?

0 Kudos

No internet security package, correct date, and yes my de...

MarkHefford
Grasshopper

No internet security package, correct date, and yes my devices connect fine over other public wifi networks.  

I have tried everything, factory resets, and even replaced my modem with a new one.  I am baffled.  Devices seem to see my network SSID ok, i can sign in, but devices cannot access any website or app.   For example my nvidia shield can sign on, but cannot access any app.   My phone, laptop etc can logon to my wifi but cannot access any website.   My son can play games ok on his switch, no idea whats going on.

0 Kudos

Was this ever resolved? We got the bluecurve receivers an...

ott3rman
Grasshopper

Was this ever resolved? We got the bluecurve receivers and modem... Worked fine for a few days. Now we are having same issue not able to access certain sites. Most websites... Just times out loading says to check network firewall or proxy.. we are not behind a firewall.. all devices on network won't connect to websites.

0 Kudos

I resolved this issue by resetting the modem 3 times. 1st...

ott3rman
Grasshopper

I resolved this issue by resetting the modem 3 times. 1st reset same issue, 2nd reset same issue, 3rd reset... It just worked again all of a sudden. Garbage hardware 😞

0 Kudos

Just to close the loop on this, the issue was completely...

MarkHefford
Grasshopper

Just to close the loop on this, the issue was completely resolved by uninstalling the pods.  They are complete garbage.  Better off buying a quality extender for 5Ghz channel if you have dead spots.  It completely fixed my issue, no device has had problems since.   Shaw really has to stop promoting these.  I am sure they have a use for a specific situation but for the average house, definitely not.  

0 Kudos

I wonder if anyone has solved this? I don't have any pods...

Holdini
Grasshopper

I wonder if anyone has solved this? I don't have any pods, and I did all the steps above and got my modem replaced. Shaw pretty much told me its my devices blocking the ip. So I hard reset the modem and tried with each device, one at a time, resetting as I go(painful process) and nothing. I get the access is denied and a reference code. Ironically its the Shaw website that isn't loading. I have since got a VPN and the issue is no longer. It just sucks that I have to pay for an alternate service to get flawless working internet.... Tech support was really good at making me feel like a dumbass. Either way, without the VPN problem is unsolved.

0 Kudos

-- [Shaw] told me it is my devices blocking the IP Are yo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Holdini -- [Shaw] told me it is my devices blocking the IP

Are you using an "Internet Security" package that is both an anti-virus and a firewall? If so, remember that your cable-modem is a firewall that blocks all incoming "unsolicited" traffic. By default, it does not block any outgoing traffic, but it can be configured to the block access to certain web-sites. I don't know if changing the modem will keep the same "rules" -- the BlueCurve app on your smart-phone may be applying those "blocks" to each modem that you use, consecutively.

Also, that "Internet Security" package probably is disabling the built-in Windows Firewall, and using its own firewall, which may be the cause of the "block".  Is there any way for you to get the package to show what sites that its firewall has recently blocked?

Do you really mean "devices", in the plural? Windows, and non-Windows?

Yes, when your VPN is active, any "rules" inside the cable-modem will never be "triggered".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help