Since upgrading my modem, we have been unable to access certain Internet sites. When connecting through mobile data I do not have any issues until switching to WiFi.
Since we are working from home now, these issues seen more.
@mtb_trailhunter that is certainly odd. Do you have any parental controls or special security settings enabled on the modem? Also, do you have any 3rd party routers/switches attach to the modem? What is the error message you receive when you visit those websites?
Yes. All devices have the same issue with the same websites. It seems to be associated with sites that need to logged into or have some security.If I use the hotspot on my phone the problem goes away using phone data.
> All devices have the same issue with the same websites.
> If I use the hotspot on my phone, the problem goes away using phone data.
When all your devices send through your Shaw router, the IP-address sent to the web-site is identical.
When you use cellular "data" on your phone, the IP-address sent to the web-site is different.
So, somewhere, there must be some software that identifies your Shaw IP-address, and "blocks" the IP-address of those web-sites.
Is your Shaw router (not any of your computers) specifically configured to use some "alternate" DNS-servers? Those servers could be returning a non-accessible IP-address.
What is the first line of the output from that "tracert" command that I asked you to examine?
> Just wondering how to run tracert command? Do I run it from the computer attached directly connected to the router?
Run it from any Windows computer connected (wired or wireless) to the router.
It seems that "myclass.ufv.ca" is a web-site operated by BlackBoard, in the USA, not a web-site on the UFV network, and the the G&M web-site is hosted by AKAMAI, directly-connected to Shaw's "backbone" in Edmonton, not in Toronto.
So, the diversity of the locations of those web-servers indicates that the problem is somewhere else.
What web-browser are you using? Which version of Windows are you using? 7? 8? 10? Are you using any "Internet Security" multi-component package?
If you try a different computer connected on your home network, do you get the same symptoms?
Web browser - Google Chrome, I have tried Microsoft Edge and get the same problems
Current Operating System - Windows 10, version 1909
Internet security - McAfee LiveSafe
Any computer that connects through the Wifi has the same issues with any website with log ins. We tried 3 different computers. The computer wired to the router does not have any issues and can access the websites with no delay. I am thinking of resetting the modem or changing channels possibly.
The run report works at the website level but not the login site.
Tracing route to ufv.blackboard.com [18.104.22.168]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 2 ms 3 ms 3 ms 10.0.0.1
2 13 ms 11 ms 11 ms 22.214.171.124
3 23 ms 33 ms 18 ms rc1bb-be139-1.vc.shawcable.net [126.96.36.199]
4 22 ms 17 ms 17 ms rc1wt-be90.wa.shawcable.net [188.8.131.52]
5 41 ms 39 ms 36 ms rc3sj-be60.cl.shawcable.net [184.108.40.206]
6 36 ms 35 ms 36 ms 10ge5-3.fr1.sjc.llnw.net [220.127.116.11]
7 37 ms 37 ms 37 ms siteprotect.security.neustar [18.104.22.168]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 51 ms 63 ms 53 ms 10.11.253.5
10 52 ms 49 ms 52 ms ufv.blackboard.com [22.214.171.124]
Tracing route to www.vancity.com [126.96.36.199]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 4 ms 4 ms 3 ms 10.0.0.1
2 16 ms 10 ms 11 ms 188.8.131.52
3 19 ms 17 ms 26 ms rc1bb-be139-1.vc.shawcable.net [184.108.40.206]
4 19 ms 16 ms 14 ms rc1st-be25.vc.shawcable.net [220.127.116.11]
5 23 ms 25 ms 20 ms rd3cs-be5.ok.shawcable.net [18.104.22.168]
6 * 30 ms 26 ms 22.214.171.124
7 28 ms 19 ms 19 ms rx0ht-q9-networks.ok.bigpipeinc.com [126.96.36.199]
8 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms border1-1-dist1-2.klp1.q9.net [188.8.131.52]
9 36 ms 18 ms 24 ms 192.168.129.26
10 25 ms 19 ms 17 ms 102.85.158-98.q9.net [184.108.40.206]
11 19 ms 18 ms 17 ms 220.127.116.11