Connect remotely to NAS through iOS Files app with Blue Curve

Steve34
Grasshopper

I’m trying to remotely connect to my Buffalo NAS using the iOS Files app. I’ve successfully used the app to connect to the server while on my local network (using BlueCurve modem in bridge mode to an Eero mesh system, appropriate port forwarding set on Eero) but of course this won’t help with remote connections. Everything I’ve read about the Files app server connection process says this can be done, and the iOS Files app seems to connect to the NAS using the Buffalo web application address (with login and password) but the folders and NAS content won’t load, it just hangs on loading.

I’ve checked the SMB settings on the NAS and they seem correct for v2 and the content will load remotely when using the Buffalo iOS app, but their app is inferior to the iOS Files app.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- have you contacted Shaw about your issues?  I have som...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Steve34 -- have you contacted Shaw about your issues?  I have some reservations about the level of support that you might get about this complicated configuration, but they should be able to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to check that it is OK.

0 Kudos