Jump to solution

Connecting a new device to my wifi network

soodz_amit
Grasshopper

I want to connect a new device to my wifi network, but forgot my wifi password.

How can I recover it

(it's not the default password I changed it a few years ago)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

There is a "push-button" on the router that can be used t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

There is a "push-button" on the router that can be used to reset the Shaw device to "factory default".

Then, use the ID/password on the label on the device, to login, and to set a new WiFi password.  Configure all your WiFi devices to use the new password.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Jump to solution

Can you login to the admin page of your router?

rstra
Grand Master

Can you login to the admin page of your router?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

There is a "push-button" on the router that can be used t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

There is a "push-button" on the router that can be used to reset the Shaw device to "factory default".

Then, use the ID/password on the label on the device, to login, and to set a new WiFi password.  Configure all your WiFi devices to use the new password.

Jump to solution

So that Im clear on this 'solution':   you want him to ch...

shotty_workmens
Grasshopper

So that Im clear on this 'solution':   you want him to change his router to the factory condition, then set up a new password, rather than allowing one of his already connected devices share the password??   What if, like my network, there are half a dozen gaming systems, 5 cellular devices, 4 laptops, 10 wi-fi devices??   Instead of help with one, I'd have to change every password on each device??  Ludicrous!   My son's friends come over and if they have iPhone's, the device will share the network password from his own iPhone!?!? 

Im trying to use my home network with my work device, but I can't remember my password for the wifi,  I an NOT gutting my routerm to spend the rest of my day changing all the other devices to the new password, not a chance.  Why isn't there a solution through Bluewave, a 'link' device button?  It will allow me to block or limit a device.   

This is not a solution to resolve a misplaced or unremembered password.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If you're lucky enough to have a device currently connect...

shotty_workmens
Grasshopper

If you're lucky enough to have a device currently connected, this helped me, it might help you.

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-Your-WiFi-Password-when-You-Forgot-It 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If you have BlueCure TV, use the remote and say "Show WiF...

rstra
Grand Master

If you have BlueCure TV, use the remote and say "Show WiFi password" or use the BlueCurve App, click on the SSID, click "See Network" and click "Show Password"

Jump to solution

I don't get it

GWwi-fi
Grasshopper

I don't get it

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

this is frustrating can I talk to someone on the phone

GWwi-fi
Grasshopper

this is frustrating can I talk to someone on the phone

0 Kudos
rstra
Grand Master

@GWwi-fi Yes.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- can I talk to someone on the phone ? You may be able t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GWwi-fi -- can I talk to someone on the phone ?

You may be able to talk to Shaw/Rogers, via 1-888-472-2222.

P.S. If you son's friend brings their BlueTooth-enabled iPhone into BlueTooth range of your son's BlueTooth-enabled iPhone, the devices might "share" the WiFi password.  Maybe.  This worked, once, for me, after wiping/restoring an old iPhone 5c, and having my iPhone SE (2022) in BT-range.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help