constant disconnection from new Shaw Blue Curve

Jennthompson5
Grasshopper

So Frustrated.  I upgraded to Blue curve 600 internet from 300 and got a new blue curve box and installed and it worked great for 1./2 hour then kept cutting out and called and no one could offer anything except that was a modem issue as they could see there were red spots where it was disconnecting and assured me it was the faulty modem and everyone kept telling me to plug back in and that it was the wires and flipped around the coaxal cables and didn't fix issue. I go in today and get a new one and tell the lady I want old modem back just in case as I have had for over 2 years and no issues ever. I wouldn't have ever upgraded except contract was up and the 600 was cheaper than internet 300. The new blue curve box has exact same issue AND they can't hook back up my old one and have to wait a week with no service until someone can come out. This is absolutely ridiculous. Looking for feedback from other what happened when they came out...were they able to fix? Seems a few people have have had similar issue. the box i have is the XB6-SI. I'm pretty sure sending  a tech out to try and swap out the coaxal cables that I have already done 4 x is not going to fix the issue. I am connecting a pc to it via ethernet cable and also having same issues via wifi

Labels (1)
10 Replies

apologies for any frustrations this may have caused. That...

shaw-tony

@Jennthompson5 apologies for any frustrations this may have caused. That is certainly not an expected result. Checking your account, I do see the signal is out of spec which will cause intermittent disconnection issues. Our service technician visits ensure the signal from the street equipment to your home/modem is solid for services to work as expected. I appreciate your patience while we have someone come out to fix this.

0 Kudos

I'm having similar issues and continue to have intermitte...

GeorgeB
Grasshopper

I'm having similar issues and continue to have intermittent outages.so annoying.i just became a customer of Shaw in May and lots of problems. So much so that I'm seriously considering leaving.

-- I just became a customer of Shaw in May. What trouble-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GeorgeB -- I just became a customer of Shaw in May.

What trouble-shooting steps did Shaw take when you contacted them, via online-chat?

They can remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the modem's statistics, including "signal strength".

Also having same problem.   Keeps happening.  At times th...

Aj35
Grasshopper

Also having same problem.   Keeps happening.  At times they can reset remotely. Tomorrow tech comes.  We will see 

disappointed also.   Shaw has a problem and now it’s mine 

0 Kudos

I had the same problem with the new modem...sent it back...

Pamela818
Grasshopper

I had the same problem with the new modem...sent it back using the old modem, no discount on service. Last few days the WiFi keeps dropping, getting tired of having to reboot the dang modem constantly. I also upgraded as my contract was up, went from 300 to 700 haha could have fooled me, it's terrible.

0 Kudos

you not in the 10 days yet or you stuck wih this awul sev...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

you not in the 10 days yet or you stuck wih this awul sevice for two moe years.  did the old modem ixes it 700 speed any better?

0 Kudos

I would get out as fast as possible. I had to wait 2 year...

Jennthompson5
Grasshopper

I would get out as fast as possible. I had to wait 2 years to leave and have Telus for a week and no issues what so ever. I had to pay more but had a lower speed internet 300 but paid for a 600 but didn’t have it. 

-- if you had purchased a new toaster, and its initial se...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pamela818 -- if you had purchased a new toaster, and its initial settings burned-to-black the first pieces of bread, would you take it back, or would you adjust it?  For your new cable-modem, just contact Shaw, and get them to trouble-shoot your new device. They can remotely logon to your new device (if it is connected), and view the "signal-strength", and other values, that your modem is keeping.  As a Shaw employee wrote in this thread, about 2 years ago, being "out-of-specifications" can cause issues.

If your previous modem is a HITRON, it maxes-out at 300 Mbits/second.  So, Shaw cannot upgrade it to the "700" speed.

If you connect the new modem, it should be provisioned to give you your new "700" speed, when you use an Ethernet cable between the cable-modem and your computer.  Note that the WiFi network-adapter inside your computer may be an older item, that is not capable of the "700" speed. 

-- I had to wait 2 years to leave At least 3 times in the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jennthompson5 -- I had to wait 2 years to leave

At least 3 times in the last 12 months I have had a TELUS employee at my front-door, offering me $20/month in credits against my first TELUS bill, in order to "buy me out" of the $20/month penalty that SHAW charges when you cancel your two-year Value Plan contract.

It is too late for you to get that "buy-out" money, but I mention it for the next person who wants "out" from the Shaw contract.

had a lower speed internet 300 but paid for a 600 but didn’t have it

Are you writing about your new TELUS contract, or your old SHAW contract?

Note that the HITRON cable-modem that you may have been using maxes-out at about 300 Mbits/second.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help