Jump to solution

Just went through the chat nightmare. The tech support ag...

someguy
Grasshopper

Just went through the chat nightmare. The tech support agent openly acknowledged the issue but insisted that they couldn't attempt to resolve it until they sent a technician to "check my signal". So now I have a technician scheduled. What a waste of their resources and my time. I'll probably take a downgrade to the Hitron modem if they provide a reasonable credit for the hassle and downgraded equipment.

The firmware issue isn't Shaw's fault, but their customer service relating to this issue is garbage.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

After a suggestion from Shaw support, I ran an ipconfig /...

bmoliver
Grasshopper

After a suggestion from Shaw support, I ran an ipconfig /all command and discovered that the first connection it listed was a Hyper-V Virtual Switch.  After some Googling I discovered that his is a "sandbox" feature installed in Win 10 2004.  Since I didn't need this, I removed it from my windows system (Control Panel).  I then re-tried sleeping and waking the computer several times, and now the long internet connection delay has appeared to go away.  Also, the time between ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew is similarly shorter.

So, at least for me, this appears to have been the problem with the internet connection delay after sleep.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I then re-tried sleeping and waking the computer sever...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bmoliver -- I then re-tried sleeping and waking the computer several times

Such a sleep/wake cycle probably did not help. It certainly will reduce the electrical power consumed during the "nap", but after waking, it just resumes where the sleep was initiated.

I recommend a full "shutdown/restart" of Windows, to restart Windows, now that you have removed that software.

It's also possible that Shaw "pushed" a software update to the cable-modem, when you were not watching.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I believe the removal of the Windows Sandbox did require...

bmoliver
Grasshopper

I believe the removal of the Windows Sandbox did require a re-boot, but I have also re-booted several times since then and the internet connection delay after sleep has definitely gone away.  I try to sleep the computer overnight.

Shaw technical support said no firmware updates had been pushed and that I already had the latest firmware before I did all this.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for your continued patience. I have good news t...

shaw-tony

@Chvycvlr @robplenert @TheWiFiGuys @Gunderstruck @Gtown122 @choochoo @Ackbar77 @Thorgrim @KMTP1 @jasonwareham @lorendawe @VSAT123 @PowerPlay @gary_sanghera @bmoliver @someguy 

Thank you for your continued patience. I have good news that this issue is resolved in our latest firmware update: 4.6p9s1 which was issued out last night.

If you do not have the most recent firmware:

1. Reboot your XB6 back to solid white LED light
  2. After reboot, check if it’s on 4.6p9s1 firmware
    • Use the BlueCurve Home app: Tap ‘Connect’ > tap ‘See Network’ > tap ‘Gateway’ > scroll to bottom tap on ‘Gateway Details’ > read “Firmware” version > check it says 4.6p9s1 (Refresh the page to get it to show the latest data). 
  3. Once confirmed on 4.6p9s1
    • Test and check your PC/devices

Reference: INC0898662

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for alerting the group to the update....

PowerPlay
Grasshopper

Thank you very much for alerting the group to the update. Now my system connects right away from both a restart and sleep. 

Jump to solution

Thanks for that note.  Indeed, mine is now showing the ne...

bmoliver
Grasshopper

Thanks for that note.  Indeed, mine is now showing the new firmware even though I did not reboot the modem.  Re-connecting to the internet this morning after the computer was asleep overnight had no appreciable delay.  So, perhaps the old firmware was interacting with the Windows Sandbox as part of the issue with the internet delay?

Jump to solution

Thanks Tony, seems to be working great, I've restarted co...

Ackbar77
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony, seems to be working great, I've restarted computer a bunch of times and I don't loose connection.

Thank you.

Jump to solution

Hello, Sorry, I see this is resolved below but I’m having...

Rudy4
Grasshopper

Hello,

Sorry, I see this is resolved below but I’m having this exact issue - oct 12,21. I just got the xb6 and set it up yesterday. Everything worked great. This morning I turned on my win 10 computer on Ethernet and nothing. Wifi worked without issue. Reboot fixed the problem. This evening, same issue with my Xbox, which also is a win10 system. Another firmware required here otherwise I might go back to my older model - same wifi strength, more Ethernet ports and built like a tank!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- rebooting your computer seemed to work for you. Did re...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rudy4 -- rebooting your computer seemed to work for you. Did rebooting the XBOX (after a complete power-off, including disconnecting the power-cord) also work for you?

Your previous modem assigned IP-addresses like "192.168.xxx.yyy" to your home network devices.

The new XB6 / XB7 modems assign IP-addresses like "10.0.aaa.bbb" to your home network devices.

Also, power-off/power-on your smart-phone and Apple/Android tablets, to ensure that they connect to your new modem.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help