Deplorable Customer Loyalty Policies

Lorimoon
Grasshopper

I have been with Shaw for a decade, stayed loyal through 3 moves, and my current account balance is -17.00

I resigned a two year contract 10 months ago.

This month I’m moving suddenly because my rent has escalated to more than 60% of my income.

Luckily, I found a place that is all inclusive. However, Shaw’s loyalty department will not waive the cancellation fee. EVEN AFTER 10 years of customer loyalty.

Disgusting practices.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Deleted

rstra
Grand Master

Deleted.

I know it disgusting and if you have 14 months left it 21...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

I know it disgusting and if you have 14 months left it 210 and hope you cancel on your bill date so the credits eats some of the fee so it doesn't be as bad.  You should've Saud I'm moving into an area which shaw not serviceable 

0 Kudos

Moving to an area without Rogers service is not an option...

rstra
Grand Master

@cpmrich36  Moving to an area without Rogers service is not an option to get you out of a contract.

0 Kudos

-- I think that the point that  was trying to make is tha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- I think that the point that @cpmrich36 was trying to make is that @Lorimoon has two unequal options:

1. keep paying Shaw/Rogers the full contracted price for the remaining 10 months. such as $100 to $200 times per month, or,

2. break the contract, and pay Shaw/Rogers $15/month to cancel TV, and $15/month to cancel Internet, for each of the remaining 10 months.

P.S. In the past, Telus has offered me $20/month (in "Telus credit") for each of the remaining months on my two-year Value Plan, if I were to break my contract, and switch to Telus TV & Internet.  I don't know if that promotion is still available.  So, @Lorimoon could pay the "break fee" to Shaw/Rogers, and receive offsetting "Telus credit", making it a "net-zero" cost for switching to Telus.

@Lorimoon wrote: I found a place that is all inclusive. 

Will you get all the same TV channels that you currently get?  If not, and if you want additional channels, (or faster Internet) at your new Shaw-serviced location, then you'll need a new contract with Shaw/Rogers. The new contract will charge you for only the add-on services, e.g., an upgrade from "skinny" TV to Shaw's "Total TV". Ask Shaw to "rework" your current contract, to transform it to your new wants/needs -- they may do it. If not, then cancel, and pay the $15 (or $30) per month fee(s).

0 Kudos

I just got the same treatment from 14 years with Virgin....

Synonomous
Grasshopper

I just got the same treatment after 14 years with Virgin. I asked for the same plan offered to new people but no go. I left for Fido and they gave me the 'new person' plan I was asking for from Virgin (Bell, pffft). Next week the Virgin 'Winback' team phoned me and offered a great deal. Why do they do this? Seems counter productive and stressful. Guess having three colluding monopolies is why. Highest rates in the world. Don't feed me the 'Canada big' nonsense either. Australia has similar distances and densities but 20 companies actually compete for your dollars. CRTC is in cahoots or limp. Shameful. Just go to the next one that is offering the plan to new people that you can't get as a loyal customer. Loyalty is dead.

TALK TO US
We're here to help