Jump to solution

--  a robo-note stating my submission was too old. I repo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever --  a robo-note stating my submission was too old. I reported it as soon as the email arrived, within 5 minutes of it arriving. 

That note indicated that your message (maybe to <internet.abuse@sjrb.ca> ?) could not be delivered, after 3 days of trying, to an "internal" Shaw E-mail ID. Something is "broken" inside Shaw -- your E-mail did reach the gateway into their network, but "final delivery" did not happen, after multiple attempts over several days. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

OK, I'll try your suggestion and do Shaw's job for them b...

whomever
Grasshopper

OK, I'll try your suggestion and do Shaw's job for them by reporting spam to <internet.abuse@sjrb.ca>

Normally, I report to Spamcop. And my submissions are automatic - done from a secure email client, not available through Shaw web mail.  Spam Cop are professionals. And they cover more spam than just what busy Shaw customers have time for. Since Shaw appears to have dropped their subscription to SBLs,  and since the completion sold out their clients email accounts to Gmail (shudder the thought) we're left to fend off the wolves ourselves and forced to play in Shaw's sandbox. Not a nice thing to do to customers.

Perhaps if Shaw were to make it easy, and they could, for people to report spam, at least some Shaw customers might, perhaps maybe see a drop of the onslaught we've all been the target of recently

Now, to find a quick way of reporting without all the present hoops and hurdles. 

Thanks @mdk - Your help and tips are always enlightening.

~w~

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- since the completion sold out their clients email acco...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- since the completion sold out their clients email accounts to Gmail (shudder the thought)

I presume that you are pointing to what the competition, namely TELUS, has done to "out-source" their E-mail management to Gmail. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to watch TELUS/BELL competing against SHAW/ROGERS, should the CRTC allow the take-over.

Jump to solution

Wow! Do tell. "allow" what "take-over"? Got a link to tha...

whomever
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@whomever -- since the completion sold out their clients email accounts to Gmail (shudder the thought)

I presume that you are pointing to what the competition, namely TELUS, has done to "out-source" their E-mail management to Gmail. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to watch TELUS/BELL competing against SHAW/ROGERS, should the CRTC allow the take-over.

Wow! Do tell. "allow" what "take-over"? Got a link to that discussion?  Anything to do with "On competition with Big Three, Shaw pres says: "Canadians don’t need a me too, Canadians need a differentiated wireless service.""?

~w~

Side Note: Yes, I meant "competition" not "completion" - dar n spehl chekur! I'm glad you can see through my errors 🙂

~w~

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That "100%" should read 99%. I'm still being flooded, hav...

whomever
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony 

@shaw-tony wrote:

Update Mar 4, 2021:

Our engineers have resolved this issue and our spam filters are working at 100%. Thank you for your patience.

That "100%" should read 99%. I'm still being flooded, have been for several weeks. Was it something I said? 🙂

Also, that once useful option to stop Shaw ads, mark suspect spam as Spam and send anyway, delete suspected spam, put it in a spam folder' or words to that affect is still a thorn in the side of Shaw for no one will answer that question as to where those options went. 

Because of Shaw sending all my Shaw call-backs into online Shaw's disabled voicemail box. I can't convince them to call me; not duck and dodge by using a *disabled voicemail account. I have also tried Chat, but they only say Hi and go on vacation. It truly is the "fastest way to reach a Shaw agent", but we need to do more than reach them. .. we need to know how long they will be working with the many other customers before we get pass the Hi. So I am left to while away my hours, and yours here until someone can get the Shaw call backs back to my phone, where they use to go. It's almost as if someone went to Shaw with a blender to my account. 

~w~ 

* I have tested this with outsiders calling me, then calling and leaving a message, then calling and hanging up before Bot says to leave a message. It works for people. Not Shaw. So I'm in a Catch 22 until someone calls me - on my phone - 🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I'm in a Catch 22 until someone calls me - on my phone...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- I'm in a Catch 22 until someone calls me - on my phone 

Have you configured your telephone-number for "account recovery" for your GMail or Hotmail/WindowsLive account?

By attempting to change or "recover" your password on those sites, it could generate a telephone-call to your number, as part of the verification that is you, not a scammer, who is trying to change your password.

Or, enable two-factor confirmation on your My Shaw Portal ID. That will send a text-message when you try to logon to that portal.

Don't give your telephone-number to any spammer who has E-mailed you a "confidential business opportunity". They will persistently telephone you, trying to scam you.  But, you will get incoming calls. 🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Wow! Do tell. "allow" what "take-over"? Got a link to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- Wow! Do tell. "allow" what "take-over"? Got a link to that discussion? 

From: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-buys-shaw-prices-consumers-1.5950879

Rogers-Shaw merger offers chance for Ottawa to insist on better deal for cellphone customers

CRTC considering whether ...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No. And I don't use webmail. For email, I use only @shaw...

whomever
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@whomever -- I'm in a Catch 22 until someone calls me - on my phone 

Have you configured your telephone-number for "account recovery" for your GMail or Hotmail/WindowsLive account?

No. And I don't use webmail. For email, I use only @shaw through a secure email client. I do have several servers, and domains I use aside from Shaw. But this ins't about them, it's about @shaw and being unable to contact anyone at Shaw because they phone back, but not me, they are the only ones that end up in Shaw's online Voicemail  which is disabled. BTW - I am not inundated in the 'other' mail servers because I use SBLs. Shaw should try them.

• I downloaded the 4 Shaw .mp3 voicemails. It was Shaw call-back saying
    "..person to the telephone. Press 3 to cancel this call back. (4 second pause) Hello, this is a call back for (redacted). Press 1 if you are ready to speak to a associate, press 2 if you need time to bring that person to the telephone, press 3 to cancel this call back."
    (Yes, it starts out with "...person to the telephone", then jumps to the real start, and plays to the end. And that is the recording, not my mp3 player.
  1. Voicemail was and as I checked yesterday, is still "disabled". My phone is more capable of recording, playing back and dialing up messages left on MY phone.
  2. Shaw was able to call-back to MY phone many, many times in the past 25 or so years. Now, Shaw decided to change that and force call-backs into the Shaw voicemail repository.
  3. I have never been convicted. Ergo I don't have, or want a 'cell'. I have something cell users don't have - it's called Right to Privacy, plus, more money at the end of the month that is for me, not a leash (aka Cell Phone).

As as some try, the blame is at Shaw. Not due a Google thingy, or Micro$oft interfering, or moon rising over Aries or solar flare. However, it may go back to a few weeks ago. I called Shaw about my bill. That got settled and I was offered "500 minutes free through North America". I don't trust 'free'. But I thought I'd take it and if charged, cancel.  So, my 'phone' was edited by Shaw for those 'free' minutes. Is it possible that reset my phone account and ignored 'disabled'? Why only Shaw call-backs go to Shaws Vmail, and everyone else goes sto MY phone?

It's a real phone on a real landline.

~w~

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The CRTC is overseen by the feds. They are supposed to be...

whomever
Grasshopper

AS I SEE IT:
The CRTC is overseen by the feds. They are supposed to be independent, but the taxpayer funds it. When a Telecom wants to raise rates, and ask the CRTC, the CRTC realizes that if they said No, that they'd be depriving their boss's in the black ivory towers the additional GST on the increase. Even a 10 cent increase spread over millions of customers equates to a hefty increased GST sum collected for the feds... every month! Would you deprive your boss of additional income? Neither will the CRTC. A monopoly joint venture has been bought and paid for. I do not see how reducing competition in Canada would reduce or maintain costs to the end user. Not when the shareholders want more and more and more. The cost of BMWs went too.

I'll bet Brads pay this month that Ottawa kowtows to Telecoms monopolizing the monopoly. Too, if you read the post I gave that shows where Shaw donates to political election campaigns, you'll know who shares Shaw's pillow. It wouldn't be the Party partying this term would it? 

Juz say'n s'all,

~w~

Trust your mother, and no one else.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Voicemail was and as I checked yesterday, is still "di...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- Voicemail was and as I checked yesterday, is still "disabled"

For my own Shaw Phone account, I see:

Capture.JPG

Over on the right-side, do you see "On" or "Off" for your phone line ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help