Disable Bluecurve Dhcp Server

rmartinson
Grasshopper

Can't seen to figure out how to do this, I see on the status page it is "enabled" but no options.  

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- disable BlueCurve DHCP server Why do you want to do th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rmartinson -- disable BlueCurve DHCP server

Why do you want to do this? What are you trying to achieve?

Within this discussion forum, search on "bridge BlueCurve" to turn the BlueCurve into a simple cable-to-Ethernet protocol converter. Then, your DHCP requests will go through the BlueCurve to Shaw's DHCP-server. By default, every Shaw account can obtain two IP-addresses from Shaw's DHCP-server, although you can pay, monthly, to get two additional "public" IP-addresses.

0 Kudos

When connected to the bluecurve my domain is resolved to...

rmartinson
Grasshopper

When connected to the bluecurve my domain is resolved to the external public ip address instead of the dmz address.   

0 Kudos

-- When connected to the BlueCurve my domain is resolved...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rmartinson -- When connected to the BlueCurve my domain is resolved to the external public IP-address, instead of the dmz address. 

Your BlueCurve cable-modem is functioning both as a protocol-converter (cable to TCP/IP) and as a router (supplying private IP-addresses to wired/wireless computers on your LAN).

Contact Shaw, to ensure that your account is provisioned with two "public" IP-addresses. The BlueCurve will consume one, for all your LAN devices, and your domain, through your DMZ, can consume the second one.

TALK TO US
We're here to help