Download speed halved, upload throttling and packet loss

s2celerity
Grasshopper

I’ve posted my stuff before and others have to on the forum, just wanting to address this myself as well so something gets done about it

i don’t get how there’s so many problems still it’s almost 2020, aren’t we supposed to be in the future is now type of situation 

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Hey  we do not throttle Internet speeds. I understand you...

shaw-tony

Hey @s2celerity we do not throttle Internet speeds. I understand your frustrations with the forum post here and I am working with an engineer to resolve the issues. I appreciate your patience while we wait for a response.

Thank you for the response, they have been ignoring my me...

s2celerity
Grasshopper

Thank you for the response, they have been ignoring my messages all day on Twitter, even tho they’ve been replying to others

i literally only need to utilize 6-10mbps of my 20mbps and I am not able to do so on twitch or mixer which I’ve also tried, so it’s definitely not just a twitch thing

if you can fix the problem on your end that would be wonderful even tho it’s been like this for over 2 years now, I hope it is fixed for good 

0 Kudos

Any update on the routing / packet loss? the upload speed...

s2celerity
Grasshopper

Any update on the routing / packet loss?

the upload speed to servers still are so low

newest Internet forum post is a +1 to the same problems 

0 Kudos

I am very sorry for that experience, our Social Media tea...

shaw-tony

@s2celerity I am very sorry for that experience, our Social Media team was busier than expected over the long weekend. I have yet to receive a response from our engineer, I will send him another email to see what the progress is.

0 Kudos

Still nothing to report?  I really would like this to be...

s2celerity
Grasshopper

Still nothing to report? 

I really would like this to be solved

as when I brought it up the past few times in the last 2+ years nothing was done about it

this time I’d like some sort of solution because I’ve paid over 100 dollars a month for internet and can’t do what I primarily bought it for....

0 Kudos

let me reach out to a secondary group. Apologies on the d...

shaw-tony

@s2celerity let me reach out to a secondary group. Apologies on the delay again.

0 Kudos

> i literally only need to utilize 6-10mbps of my 20mbps...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> i literally only need to utilize 6-10mbps of my 20mbps and I am not able to do so on twitch or mixer which I’ve also tried, so it’s definitely not just a twitch thing.

If you connect to a server on the Internet that is "throttling" its outbound connections, i.e., limiting each connected IP-address to some speed (5 Mbps ??), then that's all that you will receive, no matter how fast you get from Shaw  ( measure your maximum speed at: http://SpeedTest.Shaw.ca )   So, does TWITCH do its own throttling? If so, it is their thing.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help