Jump to solution

@shaw-tony, Yes, I hope the unsubscribe/re-subscribe will...

RedBob
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony,

Yes, I hope the unsubscribe/re-subscribe will be a simple fix the issue for the emails involved.  

Your thinking that this is a Chrome issue is correct.   I used IE browser to test opening the emails from Home Depot, Walmart - they opened AND displayed images without any issue confirming the issue is linked to Chrome somehow.

At some point when time is available I will follow up on your suggestions about 3rd party extensions and have a look at the firewall and anti-virus settings for the possible cause of images not displaying.

I appreciate your efforts to help resolve this issue and hopefully will update with any new findings.

Jump to solution

glad to hear they are being displayed properly in other b...

shaw-tony

@RedBob glad to hear they are being displayed properly in other browsers so at least you can see them. Additionally, in Chrome, you may want to disable hardware acceleration in your settings as it's known to cause issues with images/video.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

did you ever figure this out ... I am stumped too

mmitch2
Grasshopper

did you ever figure this out ... I am stumped too

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I am stumped too Which E-mail program are you using? S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mmitch2 -- I am stumped too

Which E-mail program are you using?

Some images contain "web-bugs". 

A web-bug is a unique identifier, attached to an image. That image is sent ONLY to you. A different web-bug is sent to each person. So, if your E-mail program automatically fetches the image from a web-server, the owner of the web-server then knows that YOU, and ONLY YOU, have opened their E-mail. That makes you a "target" for future messages.

So, some E-mail programs do not load the image, to protect your privacy, until you "click" on the place-holder for the image.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am going to the webmail page, so no program. I use Chro...

mmitch2
Grasshopper

I am going to the webmail page, so no program. I use Chrome and have tried Edge as well same issue. on my phone with Safari no problem.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help