Emergency Alerts/Amber alerts still ongoing after Actual Alert has been cancelled by Authorities

lamont_hurd
Grasshopper

Five days after the Amber Alert was CLOSED in the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia, we are STILL receiving the alert on programs recorded through SHAW Blue Curve TV. 

I am NOT against receiving said alerts when they are active...however, the fact that the actual alert has been cancelled, by RCMP etc, should be an indication to remove said alert from notifying viewers. This could lead to a potential wrongful sighting or worse. 

Kindly look into this matter. 

Labels (1)
7 Replies

-- we are STILL receiving the alert on programs recorded...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lamont_hurd -- we are STILL receiving the alert on programs recorded through SHAW Blue Curve TV. 

That Alert was broadcast on every TV channel.  So, if you were recording a program during the few minutes that the Alert was active, the Alert forms part of your recording. Just use "skip forward 30 seconds" to resume watching your recording.

Are you expecting that your Shaw box would recognize the Alert, and bypass recording of it?

0 Kudos

I had this problem for several days. Every thing I had re...

PSM
Grasshopper

I had this problem for several days. Every thing I had recorded, no matter if it was recorded months before the amber alert or days after, would play the amber alert about 10 seconds into the recording no matter where you started playing the recording. You cannot skip it as controls are disabled. I was just closing the browser window and watching the show using the On Demand feature. The only way to get rid of it was to let it play through the whole thing once. I had already heard it on the radio and phone and they had found them in Ontario days earlier so I wasn't letting it play on the recording.

At no time did I say that... The alert ended 4 days ago....

lamont_hurd
Grasshopper

At no time did I say that... The alert ended 4 days ago. I recorded something last night...it was still being broadcast. That is what I am expecting. 

0 Kudos

This is really annoying, it happens on anything I recorde...

GeorgecBrady
Grasshopper

This is really annoying, it happens on anything I recorded even last night although the alert is 5 days old ::::::::

0 Kudos

We are getting it on EVERY program we record even today f...

ClanCampbell
Grasshopper

We are getting it on EVERY program we record even today five days after the alert.  The alert runs the show starts without any volume. We skip ahead.  We shut it down and try again.  It starts fine then the alert begins again.  And the cycle continues. 

0 Kudos

It is happening to me... In September for the alert 4 day...

MikeW007
Grasshopper

It is happening to me... In September for the alert 4 days ago!  When will it end???  Do I need to call to get it fixed or just wait a full week?

0 Kudos

The alerts have stopped.  I guess they leave it active fo...

MikeW007
Grasshopper

The alerts have stopped.  I guess they leave it active for 5 days... for people that don't have a cell phone?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help