Jump to solution

I did fall for it and just canceled my credit card. I hop...

SW
Grasshopper

I did fall for it and just canceled my credit card. I hope there will be no other repercussions!   Be aware of this pop up!
Phishing by BookCouchPhishing by BookCouchScreen Shot 2019-09-22 at 9.47.02 AM.png

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

getyourcashola.com is another domain that is being used....

Ditchmond
Grasshopper

getyourcashola.com is another domain that is being used.

samgalt10.getyourcashola.com

and 

ca-win-phone9.com

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

ss I did the survey but then looked at the address and it...

jbber1
Grasshopper

ss I did the survey but then looked at the address and it was for a visitor parking permit site in England so got out of the site before selecting a gift.  Hopefully, that short circuits what they were trying to do.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What is the solution to prevent this from popping up ever...

ckbleay
Grasshopper

What is the solution to prevent this from popping up every 20 minutes????

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> What is the solution to prevent this from popping up ev...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> What is the solution to prevent this from popping up every 20 minutes ?

There is something -- an "extension" -- that has infiltrated your web-browser, that is interfering with your usage of that web-browser.

Possible remedies:

1. take your computer to a computer technician (ask for a more "software" aware person than a "hardware" technician), explain the problem, and get they [I cannot use "he" or "she" any more] to "reset" your web-browser to its default settings;
  2. by yourself, go through the "settings" pages on your web-browser, and compare the settings to a different computer using the same web-browser, to find/rationalize/eliminate any differences;
  3. install and use a different web-browser (Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10, Google Chrome, et cetera) that is "non-infected".

In Windows (7/8/10), there is a "snipping" tool, that can be used to take a "screen-shot" of a rectangular area of your screen, and save the image to a file. Show the image(s) to that technician.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

fake shaw surevy

mark13
Grasshopper

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/fake-shaw-survey-reward/td-p/4499  - this should be sent to all shaw customers as an alert

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just saw this too. I never follow thr ough with these l...

DMoreno
Grasshopper

I just saw this too. I never follow thr

ough with these links and always google reports first. Please be warned. 

3201C868-6DCB-4862-828C-B1826CDFE4F8.jpeg

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I stupidly fell for it as it not only looked legit, there...

hdause
Grasshopper

I stupidly fell for it as it not only looked legit, there were review comments who stated they had received the promised reward.  So, I am out 1.95 Euros and have reported the scam to  internet.abuse.  I had queried them a couple of times and their last explanation was that it was a lottery, one winner in every 700 entries.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

SCAM - READ THE FINE PRINT......  Why do we need your bil...

ROCKO3
Grasshopper

SCAM - READ THE FINE PRINT......  Why do we need your billing information?
By joining this service, you will receive a 5-day trial of our partner's program. If you continue with a subscription beyond the 5-day trial period, you will be charged an amount on your credit card which varies depending on the choice of the tariff. When your contribution is deducted from your credit card or other payment method, you will have access to these services which are reserved exclusively for members of our partner's website.. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This happened to me today, March 21, 2020. So it's still...

MichaelandIrene
Grasshopper

This happened to me today, March 21, 2020. So it's still going around. It just didn't feel right, but looked very legitimate.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help