Forgot password on my wifi ..how can I enter new one so I can connect .?

Not applicable

To connect to wifi it asks fot password. But it's not in the button . .and I don't remember it . .so sittnsi here no wifi .

5 Replies

Re: Forgot password on my wifi ..how can I enter new one so I can connect .?

shaw-tony

Hey marcushopus,

Thank you for reaching out! If you have forgotten your WiFi password and it is not the one on the sticker of the modem. You can certainly complete a factory reset with the steps here, so you can use the factory password on the sticker to gain access and update your WiFi password. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

My modem is attached to the wall, under a very large desk...

Christine35
Grasshopper

My modem is attached to the wall, under a very large desk. I'm assuming the factory password is on the back of the modem, so wondering how I'm suppose to locate it.

0 Kudos

-- I'm assuming the factory password is on the back of th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Christine35 -- I'm assuming the factory password is on the back of the modem, so wondering how I'm suppose to locate it.

Your assumption is correct. 

Do you have a smart-phone with a built-in camera? Can you point that camera at the Shaw device, and take a few pictures of the label? Maybe, a "selfie-stick" can position the phone closer to the device?

Then, on your phone, you can "zoom-in" on the captured image, to read the label.

You still may need to physically touch the "reset" button on the device, to reset the ID/password to the factory-default values.

0 Kudos

There is no white sticker on the modum only metal ones.

Ktkat1949
Grasshopper

There is no white sticker on the modum only metal ones.

0 Kudos

-- can you use the camera in your smart-phone to take a p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ktkat1949 -- can you use the camera in your smart-phone to take a picture of the sticker (or the text on the metal label) and post that image into this forum, so that we can see it?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help