Yes I have removed it a couple of times and ensured both...

danny2516
Grasshopper

Screenshot_20200812-112902_Chrome.jpg

Yes I have removed it a couple of times and ensured both the coaxial and inline filter are firmly connected.

Today the signal is very unstable as you can see. I did notice the remote moden reset a couple of days ago . Gave me 320 mbps for probably a couple of hours then it dropped again.

0 Kudos

There SNLP-1g filter in my electrical panel where externa...

danny2516
Grasshopper

There SNLP-1g filter in my electrical panel where external cable feeds in which is connected firmly and the ground lead is nice and tight. After that its direct connection to the modem, no splitters.

0 Kudos

it may be an issue just outside your home or water in the...

shaw-tony

@danny2516 it may be an issue just outside your home or water in the lines. I'd recommend touching base with our technical support to book a service tech out to investigate the connections outside your home. Just let them know you've already completed these initial troubleshooting steps.

0 Kudos

As I've said I've already had 2 techs out before and both...

danny2516
Grasshopper

As I've said I've already had 2 techs out before and both times it was ok (not great) for a week then drops off. Having to call 3 techs out within the space of 4 years doesn't inspire confidence to be honest. Especially after their price increase 

0 Kudos

-- Especially after their price increase  During the term...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@danny2516 -- Especially after their price increase 

During the term of my two-year Shaw contract, I have experienced price increases in home insurance, automobile insurance, sewer/water services, city taxes, and more.  I expect that my next two-year Shaw contract will also have price increases. Accommodating Shaw employees to "work-at-home" must be adding extra costs to Shaw.

0 Kudos

-- checking your account, I noticed the signal to your mo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@danny2516 -- checking your account, I noticed the signal to your modem is quite out of spec which may be causing the slow speeds. 

This is a problem that will require a Shaw technician to make a service-call to the outside of your home, and "up" the nearest telephone-pole (where some of the Shaw infrastructure is located), to investigate.  You've done all that you can, inside your home. When booking the service-call, be sure to tell them that a Shaw employee has mentioned the "out-of-spec" condition.

0 Kudos

Even with inflation drop this year doesnt cover the $20-3...

danny2516
Grasshopper

Even with inflation drop this year doesnt cover the $20-30 increase per month, Shaws employees are shaws problem. im a customer,not an employee. Why should customers absorb the cost to keep shaws shareholders happy. I really dont care about shaw, i pay for a service , i expect to get a service. if they cant provide a service they advertise , dont sell it. simple.

Theres been a clear issue with the line since i got shaw services and hasnt been repaired after 2 attempts.  If you want to pay more fantastic, im not paying more for less. simple 

0 Kudos

as Ive already said this will be the third callout, havin...

danny2516
Grasshopper

as Ive already said this will be the third callout, having a condescending attitude doesnt help in the slightest.

0 Kudos

ah, since technicians have been outside your home, it may...

shaw-tony

@danny2516 ah, since technicians have been outside your home, it may be faulty coax wiring or outlets within your home. During troubleshooting, did you test a different outlet to see if the signal connections improved? Keep me posted on how your tech visit goes, hopefully, it will resolve this! I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

> did you test a different outlet Good point, if you have...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> did you test a different outlet

Good point, if you have Shaw Phone or Shaw TV. Disconnect either device from its "incoming" coaxial-cable, and connect that cable to your Shaw Internet device. This will ensure that you use a "known good" coaxial-cable from the device to the wall-port, and a different coaxial-cable inside your walls.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help