Are you able to swap locations for two of the portals to...

rstra
Grand Master

Are you able to swap locations for two of the portals to test the outlet? Other than that, I think you would have to call Shaw to get them to take a look. 

I have been having this problem as well around 2AM- 3AM i...

GSH
Grasshopper

I have been having this problem as well around 2AM- 3AM in the Edmonton area.  The internet becomes completely unusable

I have a camera that runs through a wifi extender, and when the internet drops my camera stops working and I've woken up many mornings with my camera going offline right at the same time.  It also happens to be that people who break into vehicles typically operate around that time which has made my camera useless.

As soon as Telus gets fiber in my area I will be switching.  This has been going on for far too long and they don't have a clue what the problem is.

-- they don't have a clue what the problem is. Have you s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GSH -- they don't have a clue what the problem is.

Have you subscribed to Shaw's notices about outages in Northern Alberta ?

Or, have you purchased a third-party WiFi-capable router, and connected it, via Ethernet, to your cable-modem, and via WiFi to your camera? Then, if/when the cable-modem goes down, your camera will still be connected to that router, and will stay "up".  Presumably, if you are recording from the camera, your recording device should also connect to the third-party router.

Yes ... been having the same issue .... 10:30 - 11:00 ish...

vmihic
Grasshopper

Yes ... been having the same issue .... 10:30 - 11:00 ish PST

-- same issue ... 11 PM Pacific (Daylight? Standard?) Tim...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vmihic -- same issue ... 11 PM Pacific (Daylight? Standard?) Time.

As previously mentioned in this discussion thread, Shaw schedules overnight "outages".

See: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/bg-p/service-updates

that happen between 12:00 AM and 6:00 AM (Calgary) and select your region, to get details.

It's now September 2022, and this problem is still happen...

StevenVillman79
Grasshopper

It's now September 2022, and this problem is still happening there! It's been happening to me periodically overnight for the past 2 years, and I'm getting really emotionally sick and tired of it!!! I'm a proverbial night owl, and so I mostly use my Internet at night.

While Shaw will do maintenance overnight that might affec...

rstra
Grand Master

@StevenVillman79 

While Shaw will do maintenance overnight that might affect services, it is not that often. Have you contacted Shaw to troubslehoot and/or get a service call booked?

0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue switched over to Shaw ar...

Dvngle
Grasshopper

I am having the exact same issue

switched over to Shaw around a week ago and every single night without fail at the same time it completely stops working. 

0 Kudos

-- switch over to Shaw around a week ago Could it be "tee...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dvngle -- switch over to Shaw around a week ago

Could it be "teething" problems with your new setup?

What help did you get after you called Shaw (1-888-472-2222) ? They offer 24/7 service, via Call Centres.

Maybe, call them just before that "same time", so the Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your cable-modem while it is working, and can observe it when it goes "down".

0 Kudos

So it's 2023! and this is still an issue!  This was a maj...

DreadX
Grasshopper

So it's 2023! and this is still an issue!  This was a major issue during the summer of 2022, then went away for about 5 months, and now it's be happening every night just after 2am for the last 4 or 5 nights.  3 times right in the middle of a movie!  I live in the Hamptons (Edmonton) and Telus literally just installed fiber and has been canvassing the neighborhood, with incredible deals, to get new customers.  It seems as this issue is not going to be going away anytime soon so the logical step would be to switch companies.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help