Jump to solution

Hitron 2250 static route - how

romers
Grasshopper

I need to have the ability to create a static route on my hitron 2250 -- I can't find any tabs to accomplish this. Help me out here someone please

jerome

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

The Hitron can’t do static routing.

rstra
Grand Master

@romers The Hitron can’t do static routing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jump to solution

-- what are you trying to achieve?  Maybe, a "static rout...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@romers -- what are you trying to achieve?  Maybe, a "static route" is not what will resolve your issue.

Are you trying to "port-forward" incoming (to your cable-modem) Internet packets to one of the devices on your home network?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

@MDK Thanks for your reply. I sense I should have asked i...

romers
Grasshopper

@mdk

Thanks for your reply. I sense I should have asked in a more direct way, so here goes:  Can the hitron 2250 as delivered for residential use do static routing from its setup screens or can it not? I am aware that there are work arounds. I thought I might have missed it. 

Thanks again 

romers

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Sorry, but I still do not understand what you want to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@romers -- Sorry, but I still do not understand what you want to do, and whether "static routing" is what will do the trick.

Once a device on your private LAN obtains an IP-address from the cable-modem's DHCP-server, the device will keep "renewing" that IP-address, ad infinitum.  Even if the device is powered-off until the DHCP-lease expires, the cable-modem's router will "remember" the device (by its MAC-address) and will issue a new DHCP-response, with the same IP-address, as it previously issued, when the device is powered-on and sends a DHCP-request. Expressed differently, once a local device receives an IP-address, it will always receive the same IP-address -- call this "static routing", if you wish.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The Hitron can’t do static routing.

rstra
Grand Master

@romers The Hitron can’t do static routing.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It looks like you may be confusing 'static addressing' wi...

romers
Grasshopper

It looks like you may be confusing 'static addressing' with 'static routing'. Static routing is a set-up function at the router that allows for you to manually specify a route to a destination address. Some routers have this capability, and some do not. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

romers

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you -- it is as I thought but not as I hoped <g>. r...

romers
Grasshopper

Thank you -- it is as I thought but not as I hoped <g>.

romers

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help