Hitron CGNM-2250 modem/router disconnects all the time

hyu642
Grasshopper

I have the In300 plan for years, whether 2.4G or 5G always dropping calls, slow internet (usually <1MPBS). Countless contacts and troubleshooting with technical service did not resolve.

All online information indicate the modem is faulty and problem goes away once it is replaced with a blue curve.

However shaw won't replace unless I sign a new contact and pay significantly more.

What is the solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

You could ask for a replacement Hitron.

rstra
Grand Master

@hyu642  You could ask for a replacement Hitron. 

0 Kudos

-- Shaw won't replace unless I sign a new contact and pay...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@hyu642 -- Shaw won't replace unless I sign a new contact and pay significantly more.

Not even if you (falsely) report that it has a short-circuit that melted it down (smelling of burnt plastic)?

Disconnect its AC power the day before telephoning Shaw, so that they cannot remotely connect to your device, and when they review its "history", it will indicate that it was not "online" since yesterday.

Shaw will replace the modem, if they want to keep you as a monthly-paying customer.

Or, threaten to switch to Telus Internet.  Telus may offer you a "buy-out" credit ($20/month for each remaining month on your two-year Value Plan) if you cancel your Shaw contract (and pay Shaw's $20/month "cancellation" fee). Several times, I have been offered that "buy-out", when a Telus agent cold-called me.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help