Jump to solution

how long does an equipment trace typically take

Not applicable

I returned a wifi-modem to a Shaw retail outlet, but my subsequent bill had an unreturned-equipment charge on it. The support agent I called to address the charge put an "equipment trace" on it.

My next bill still had the charge on it so I called to find out what was going on, but they didn't know anything.

They didn't know the status of the current trace

They didn't know how long I should expect to wait.

They didn't know the name of the department doing the trace.

They had no way to contact the department or put me in touch with anybody who can answer my questions.

It was a very Kafkaesque experience.

So, my questions are as follows:

1. How long does an equipment trace typically take?

2. At what point is a piece of equipment determined to be lost?

3. How do I contact someone at the department that does the trace or would otherwise have any answers?

The answer to any of these questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

=Blair.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: how long does an equipment trace typically take

shaw-tony

Hey blairio2,

I was able to locate your account through your email address to investigate further. I am very sorry for the experience, there may have been a delay in removing the equipment from your account during your visit to the local Shaw retailer. I was able to track down your transaction and now have reversed the unreturned equipment fee. The reversal will show on your next printed statement or online through your MyShaw account (may take 48 hours to reflect). Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We're sorry to hear that. An equipment trace typically doesn't take too long but it depends on the situation. Is there any chance you have a receipt showing when the equipment was returned?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Well, it's been 7 weeks. Is that considered too long?

I don't recall a receipt, but I do have the new wifi-modem that I exchanged the old wifi-modem for.

Thanks,

=B

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

When you swapped the modem at the retail and brought the new one home, did it work right away? Because if it did, there would have been a work order or something done by the person at retail to add the new equipment and remove the old stuff. Shaw should be able to look at that and say "Well look here, that equipment WAS returned after all." 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

From what I remember,

The salesperson took my old equipment and put it to the side, then I remember they scanned bar codes on the new equipment, but I don't remember if they scanned any bar codes on the old equipment.

I remember another employee, possibly a manager, taking the old equipment to the back of the store.

Also, when I got home it did not work right away. I had to call Shaw to get it to work, which I thought was weird since I had seen the salesperson scan the new equipment and I thought the salesperson had said that all I had to do was connect it and it should work.

Thanks,

=B

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey blairio2,

I was able to locate your account through your email address to investigate further. I am very sorry for the experience, there may have been a delay in removing the equipment from your account during your visit to the local Shaw retailer. I was able to track down your transaction and now have reversed the unreturned equipment fee. The reversal will show on your next printed statement or online through your MyShaw account (may take 48 hours to reflect). Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Jump to solution

Not applicable

Thank you Tony for resolving this. Much Appreciated.

=B

Jump to solution

Hello. I returned Shaw modem via mail a few weeks back, a...

TAGordon
Grasshopper

Hello. I returned Shaw modem via mail a few weeks back, and still not had charge removed from Shaw bill. The equipment was received by Shaw on November 9th, as I received a confirmation e-mail. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Shaw's invoices are generated once per month, with the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TAGordon -- Shaw's invoices are generated once per month, with the date being the monthly "anniversary" date of your account.

So, which invoice(s) are you looking at?

Also, through the My Shaw Portal, you can see every "transaction" against your account for the 24 most-recent months.

That should show all most-recent transactions that will appear on your next Shaw invoice.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help