I’m glad I found this chat. I have the exact problem with...

Tramm
Grasshopper

I’m glad I found this chat. I have the exact problem with my Globe bulbs since I got the blue curve modem.  It’s driving me nuts.  Just spent 3 hours also on chat with Shaw with no solution. Their tech was very helpful but didn’t seem aware of this problem.  I sent him a screen shot of this post.  Has anyone found a solution since the original post? 

0 Kudos

the scenario you describe usually happens after a few day...

rickatk
Master
@mdk wrote:

@shaw-ada -- Pods won't work at their optimal if the band steering is off. 

That is an interesting statement.

Yes, if a brand-new Pod is allowed to connect, it should choose whichever band (2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz) that is "optimal" at the time that it connects. But, what is "optimal" at that point in time may not be optimal "forever" (for example, if the customer moves the Shaw cable-modem).

I get the impression that once the Pod connects, it will always connect to the same network, as long as it receives electrical power.  So, if the customer temporarily disables the 5 Ghz network, then any device (door-bell or Pod) will connect to the only-available network -- the 2.4 Ghz network. Then, enabling the 5 Ghz network may not affect the door-bell's connection.

@mdk the scenario you describe usually happens after a few days of the AI figuring itself out. I found the devices, the pods and routers decide on the best relationship and then stick to it going forward.

0 Kudos

Old password to what?

rickatk
Master

@Crbibbys wrote:

How can I disable myb old password which I have forgotten and put a new one in afterwards?

@Crbibbys Old password to what?

0 Kudos

-- what device are you using that requires a password? j...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Crbibbys [‎posted 2021-07-22 12:29 PM] -- what device are you using that requires a password for itself, or for a service to which it is connecting, e.g., Google/Apple/Microsoft Cloud ?

0 Kudos

Yeah the AI isn't that smart. The devices require 2.4, th...

TheRealJakay
Grasshopper

Yeah the AI isn't that smart. The devices require 2.4, they can see that network. Phone can use 2.4 or 5, but due to the pods the two bands are "smartly" selected and the phone is always on 5. 

that means there's no way to ever interface with "connected" device because the AI will not let you be on the same band, and because it's so user friendly there's no actual way to decide so yourself.

0 Kudos

I run two brands of smart plugs on my Blue Curve setup no...

rickatk
Master

I run two brands of smart plugs on my Blue Curve setup no problem. I keep the setup to dual band as well.

0 Kudos

-- The devices require 2.4, they can see that network.  C...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TheRealJakay -- The devices require 2.4, they can see that network. 

Can you logon to the BlueCurve, and temporarily "disable" the 5 Ghz channel, and then connect those devices to the 2.4 network, and then re-enable the 5 Ghz channel.

0 Kudos

'steps here' went to different article.

Handysutanto
Grasshopper

'steps here' went to different article.

0 Kudos

Me also. Smart plugs, a printer, and a robot vacuum all f...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

Me also. Smart plugs, a printer, and a robot vacuum all found and connected to 2.4 no problem without splitting. I also use a Pod.

0 Kudos

I tried that with my Geeni Dot Smart Plugs for a couple o...

mporopat
Grasshopper

I tried that with my Geeni Dot Smart Plugs for a couple of hours and...nada, didn't work. just disabled that band from the PC interface tho, next I'll try to disable the 5 Ghz and then reboot the router, that may kick-start it to run only in the 2.4 band, let's see what happens. Funny enough I have 3 other Geeni outdoor plugs that connected to this same router running in dual band mode NP. Not sure why these indoor plugs are so relunctant to join...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help