Wish I'd seen this before I installed the pod! I used to...

BlindVaper
Grasshopper

Wish I'd seen this before I installed the pod!

I used to have my networks split on a blue curve and it worked beautifully.  My desktop has a wi-fi 6 card so it was nice to finally have reach to my office above the garage.  But then our company said that even though we were working from home, we had to use their equipment, which included a b/g/n wireless NIC.

The connection of the pod removed the 5ghz SSID and combined them unter the 2.4, which means all the smart devices that want 2.4 still work, but all the ones that offered 5ghz will need to be reset, which is a royal PITA.

Is there any way to add a second SSID to the BlueCurve 1.5?  At least that would get me back online.

0 Kudos

Oh and to really make me angry, the addition of the pod h...

BlindVaper
Grasshopper

Oh and to really make me angry, the addition of the pod has apparently cut my desktop back to 5ghz, as my speed is half of what is h's been since installing the blue curve, even though the gateway was across the house.  I had the pod half-way between the computer and the gateway and lost half the bandwidth I had without it!

0 Kudos

For me it turned out lucky that the gateway decided to gr...

BlindVaper
Grasshopper

For me it turned out lucky that the gateway decided to grab my 2.4ghz SSID and not the 5Ghz one, as all my 5ghz were Google devices, which turned out to be very easy to move over.  Now I just have to worry about adding new devices.

0 Kudos

How does one do that exactly

thealicat
Grasshopper

How does one do that exactly

0 Kudos

What controls this AI you are talking about? The Shaw dev...

Kennadian
Grasshopper

What controls this AI you are talking about? The Shaw device? I personally own devices that require 2.4 GHz and no, Shaw devices don't have a magic AI that "figures it out". My 2.4 devices don't work at all on Shaw's combined bands. Not even a little. Not good advise to tell people a magic AI will solve this oversight by Shaw to allow us to split bands ourselves (the article the Shaw employee posted to is for renaming your network and doesn't even mention bands)

0 Kudos

These steps are for renaming your wifi... So are you not...

Kennadian
Grasshopper

These steps are for renaming your wifi... So are you not able to split bands on Shaw routers? 

0 Kudos

Renaming the bands will separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz neto...

rstra
Grand Master

@Kennadian  Renaming the bands will separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks. 

0 Kudos

How? Even when I'm logged into the router it wont let me...

vguy85
Grasshopper

How? Even when I'm logged into the router it wont let me do this.

I have the same issue. product only works on 2.4 ghz, use to have separated 5g from 2.4g and it worked fine, now I cant even get my products to work.

0 Kudos

It looks like it can only be changed through the app now.

rstra
Grand Master

@vguy85  It looks like it can only be changed through the app now. 

0 Kudos

Tried to do it in the all and it says it can’t be done. L...

tk121
Grasshopper

Tried to do it in the home connect app and it says it can’t be done. Looks lIke they have turned off our ability to do this. Wish I hadn’t switched from Telus as now our security camera won’t work. Why do they not want us to do this?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help