I have Shaw 150 But I'm Only getting 1 Mbps?

velocity88
Grasshopper

So I've had Shaw 150 for about 3 months now and its been great. Speeds are amazing and no interruptions. Unfortunately the speeds recently have been quite abysmal. Usually I get around 100ish Mbps but the last few days have been like 1 Mbps - 4 Mbps. Downloading anything is pretty much a no go since I barely get 2 Mbps, usually its around 400 Kbps which is ridiculous.

I've tried resetting the Router but it seems to be the same. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly or something.

Any suggestions or answers to this conundrum?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

Re: I have Shaw 150 But I'm Only getting 1 Mbps?

Not applicable

Just a couple of questions:

- Is this on wireless?

- If yes, what speed do you get when hardwired to the modem?

0 Kudos

dixiepotter
Grasshopper

I am having the same slow speeds with Shaw 500

I have reset my adapter, turned my Windows firewall off, reset the modem by unplugging and by removing the cable from the wall.

Above are the tests on my 5G wireless on Windows.  Speed test on my iPAD 5G, 

Download 17.9

Upload 6.30

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey velocity88,

Thank you for reaching out! If you notice this issue over WiFi, it may be a case of WiFi interference, I have more details on that here. Are you able to run a speed test with a direct ethernet connection to a PC at speedtest.shaw.ca and let me know of the results? If the speeds look good, then you can try some steps here to troubleshoot the slow WiFi speeds.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey dixiepotter,

Those are certainly slower than expected speed tests. Are you noticing the same issue with directly connected devices through ethernet or is it over WiFi only? If it is over WiFi only, certainly give these steps a try to see if it helps improve your experience. 

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

dixiepotter
Grasshopper

shaw-tony‌ If you look at my file I have had plenty of conversations with support and have tried all avenues to attempt to fix it.  I even thought maybe I would move the modem to the office, but it seems I can not do that without having a cable cord on the outside of my house, which I do not want as it is unsightly.  The only reason I am still using Shaw is because I am signed into a contract which is costly to get out of and I have not had an opportunity to talk to any other ISP's in my area.

0 Kudos

velocity88
Grasshopper

Ok I directly connected to the router and its really good so it is wifi interference afterall. I'm getting 150 Mbps which is amazing. Though where my setup is one room next to the router. The degradation shouldn't be that severe. The only thing blocking it is a door.

0 Kudos

velocity88
Grasshopper

Its gotten even worse lol

So my Wifi is steadily getting worse as the days go by. I can't even get 1 Mbps sometimes

0 Kudos

cdx304
Grasshopper

Why do you people judge speed through WIFI will never get max speeds use wired gigabit 

shaw-tamara

Are you using a third party router, or the just the Shaw WiFi modem? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help