Jump to solution

I do see there is a secondary patch coming, no ETA on whe...

shaw-tony

@cg_user I do see there is a secondary patch coming, no ETA on when that will be implemented. From our post here, removing the splitter did improve the signal but it is still a bit off which can cause packet loss. The pastebin image doesn't work for me, can you use Imgur instead?

I'd recommend scheduling a service technician to make sure your connections are solid and to test onsite for any packet loss.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Its just a text file of which times I had packet loss.  C...

cg_user
Grasshopper

Its just a text file of which times I had packet loss.  Can you access dropbox? https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mfm3fsf37iciyx

I'll get a tech to check my end

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thanks, I can view that. When you are running the test, a...

shaw-tony

@cg_user thanks, I can view that. When you are running the test, are you noticing packet loss to all websites (Google.ca, Youtube.com, etc)?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes.  Online games disconnect, live streams pause and hav...

cg_user
Grasshopper

Yes.  Online games disconnect, live streams pause and have to be reconnected, and all websites are slow to load.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thanks for confirming. Keep me posted on how your service...

shaw-tony

@cg_user thanks for confirming. Keep me posted on how your service visit goes!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

NOT RESOLVED: I tried to get a tech to come check my sign...

cg_user
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony  NOT RESOLVED:

I tried to get a tech to come check my signal but the rep saw your post about it being resolved and suggested that I continue monitoring it (CS000020933266).

Well it still happened on Friday and Wednesday with a little blip on Sat and Mon, and its happening again right now (see log at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvh6gs8oxih7ety/Nov%2011-21%204am%20packet%20loss%20ping%20log.txt)

I'll again schedule a tech to come check my signal.  Maybe I can get them to come out at 4am when the event is happening.

Sorry to hijack your post @clockwerk .  Is it still happening for you?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

apologies for any confusion. In this case, I will PM you...

shaw-tony

@cg_user apologies for any confusion. In this case, I will PM you to schedule an appointment. PRB0049090 is still an open ticket as we are working on a secondary patch. 

Jump to solution

Just like to report that after having the tech come out a...

cg_user
Grasshopper

Just like to report that after having the tech come out and change the ends on the cables, I no longer get packet loss at 4am on weekdays.  Not sure how those two things are correlated 😛 but I'm happy it's fixed 🙂

Figured I'd monitor for a few weeks before posting, then I got distracted by holidays so just posting now.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update and glad that you’ve found a resolu...

clockwerk
Grasshopper

Thanks for the update and glad that you’ve found a resolution for this. My issue was solved a few months back when Tony said it was being addressed. Since then, I haven’t had any issues at all. Thanks for the effort in addressing this issue.

Jump to solution

@cg_user has this still been happening to you?

lunches
Grasshopper

@cg_user has this still been happening to you?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help