> I reckon it could be some issues with the infrastructur...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I reckon it could be some issues with the infrastructure in the area, we had the same issue last summer as well.

So, extremes of summer-time heat, and, now, overnight cold, are causing your symptoms?

That sounds like you need to call Shaw, and book an appointment with a technician to do a site-visit to check the cabling in your neighbourhood, and outside of your home.  Do your neighbours who are also Shaw customers, have the same symptoms? That information would be good to know, before you telephone Shaw.

I hope that the technicians in your area are not too overloaded, giving priority to "no-Internet" reports from customers.

yup, the issue is now resolved. They replaced some faulty...

shaw-tony

@Arezoo19 yup, the issue is now resolved. Our technicians replaced some faulty equipment in your area. Let me know if you notice any issues still.

@shaw-tony. Thanks for the update. I have noticed startin...

Arezoo19
Grasshopper
@shaw-tony. Thanks for the update. I have noticed starting yesterday that the entire homes service will experience high latency and packet loss in a pulsatile manner. At this point I am confused a little haha.
0 Kudos

To be honest, I think SHAW has largely neglected my area....

Arezoo19
Grasshopper

To be honest, I think SHAW has largely neglected my area. All of my area friends or acquaintances have these issues with your service. It is absurd to be paying for shaw 600 when it is hot garbage. I saw a nice ad for Telus gigabit at a much better price point than my current shaw 600 plan here. It is clear the infrastructure in the neighborhood is the issue at hand and will continue to be the issue until it is properly resolved.

@shaw-tony  Thanks for your updates but I am beginning to lose hope in this service.

0 Kudos

that is certainly odd as the fix did resolve the problems...

shaw-tony

@Arezoo19 that is certainly odd as the fix did resolve the problems in the area. I still do see some errors showing up on your modem which means it could be localized to your connection/outside your home. I'm very sorry for the continued frustrations. I'd like to schedule a technician to investigate further on location. Can you DM me your best contact number and time of day for us to visit?

> I saw a nice ad for Telus gigabit at a much better pric...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I saw a nice ad for Telus gigabit at a much better price point than my current shaw 600 plan here.

Yes, those ads are "promotional" prices, for 6 or 12 months, only for "new" customers of Telus Internet.

Shaw also has "promotional" prices, again only for "new" customers of Shaw Internet.

Telephone Shaw, and ask to be connected to their "Loyalty" department, to see if you can get a promotional discount by staying with Shaw.  Also, ask about "two-year Value Plans", which have good prices, and a "no price-increase for two years" promise.

https://imgur.com/a/bpa00WZ "Shaw 600"

Arezoo19
Grasshopper
0 Kudos

Did you DM Tony?

rstra
Grand Master

Did you DM Tony?

0 Kudos

Of course. I figured I’d post this test here too for fun.

Arezoo19
Grasshopper

Of course. I figured I’d post this test here too for fun. 

Update: New modem was shipped to us. Still the same issue...

Arezoo19
Grasshopper

Update: New modem was shipped to us. Still the same issues of intermittence and network dropping occurring. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help