- same issues ... This is a "user-to-user" forum, not a d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Arezoo19 - same issues ...

This is a "user-to-user" forum, not a direct path to Shaw Support.

Contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone) and get the technician to remotely connect to your modem, to view "signal-strength" and other values.

That "fast.com" server is an external (non-Shaw) site in the USA, about 8 "hops" on the Internet away from my computer. So, there is lots of chance of "latency" between your/my computer and that server.

Instead, what quantitative values do you get from running the Shaw SpeedTest, which connects to a near-to-you server within the Shaw network?

0 Kudos

When my connection isn't intermittent and dropping, I get...

Arezoo19
Grasshopper

When my connection isn't intermittent and dropping, I get fine speeds. The issue is the connection (WIRED OR WIRELESS) all drop at the same time. This being said, a shaw speedtest, a fast.com test won't really reflect the issue unless I get an exact snapshot when the network drops (frankly, I am not on my computer or devices enough to do this). Kinda impossible to get a speedtest when your connection drops on all your devices at the same time 😉.

Thanks for reminding me what this community is for. I will continue updating any progress on this thread because I know my area friends are all having the same issues. So there is a chance that this may help someone else who may be having the same issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help