Internet 600 Experience

chickenfeed
Grasshopper

With the launch of Internet 600 today, what has your experience been so far? Haven't been able to put things through their paces quite yet but early results are positive.

Speed over Gbit lan I have been able to reach rated speed with a bit of over provisioning.

Using XB6 in bridge mode to an Asus 86U.

With Wifi AC to a Note 9 I've managed a bit over 500Mbit.

Latency is marginally lower as well, to the tune of about 3-5ms.

Tags (1)
12 Replies

Re: Internet 600 Experience

Not applicable

I got 750 down and 22 up on my pc

i love the speed

The only other thing Shaw needs to do is supply a network switch with the xb6 router. 

But still Shaw is now better than telus

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

2140hrs

On my iMac i7 (Shaw SpeedTest) over wifi 

On my iPad Pro (SpeedTest) 434Mbps down 19.8 up over wifi

On my iPhone se (SpeedTest) 32.4 Mbps down 20.3 up over wifi

I found for best results I rebooted the cable modem and Airport Extreme wifi router, reinitiated my network connection for each device and rebooted.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

snake24564 can you show a speed test of 750 down/22 up?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I couldn’t get 750 today but I got 655.

i May have gotten 750 on the first day because I power cycled my router earlier meaning I got the internet 600 speed before.  But ever since the 3rd I keep getting around 650-720 wired

0 Kudos

Not applicable

The results are all around 650-660 but I get faster upload than what were suppose to get in the second picture 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I was informed that very fast computers/laptops with i7 or some smartphones can reach 600 Mbps download speed. I am wondering for those who has Shaw internet 600 that use computers/laptops with i5 and i3, what is your download speed? It's be great if you guys can please list your download speed and your computer/laptop speed. Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

You can see my download speed on my i7 iMac. I get in the range of 400Mbs on my iPad Pro and 250Mbps on my iPhone SE all over wifi.

These speeds have been consistent.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

This used to be me. I even hit 700 at times. Now it crawls to around 10-15 on sites other than Netflix and Youtube after around 6pm.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I hate to say this but I also experience this issue.  No wounder i want to switch back to Telus.

I really hate this issue.

Shaw should switch to fibre directly to our homes cuz it could help us maintain the same speed and it would really make their customers happy.

Reply if you agree

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help