Internet consistently disconnecting.

Hesse20
Grasshopper

Day in and day out my internet is consistently disconnecting, reconnecting, then minutes later disconnecting. Always saying connected with no internet. This seems to be a daily thing it seems. I've been dealing with it for months and I'm ready to move my internet to Telus. Calling support is a waste of time. it's always nothing is wrong. Am I the only one? I will be switching to Telus if this continues.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

This has now been going on for roughly 12 hours straight...

Hesse20
Grasshopper

This has now been going on for roughly 12 hours straight now. I have since called Telus and booked a new service appointment.

My Shaw service has gone completely downhill since Rogers...

C23J
Grasshopper

My Shaw service has gone completely downhill since Rogers took over a few weeks ago. My internet connection is constantly turning off. It was great before, but now that Rogers is in charge, it has been horrible. Customer service is now non-existent at both companies. I am heading to Telus. It certainly cannot be this bad there.

0 Kudos

-- Rogers took over a few weeks ago. April 2, 2023, whe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@C23J --  Rogers took over a few weeks ago.

April 2, 2023, when the purchase closed, was much more than a few weeks ago.

My internet connection is constantly turning off. It was great before, but now that Rogers is in charge, it has been horrible.

I doubt that Rogers made any immediate changes to all the Shaw infrastructure. They probably "froze" everything, enforcing "no changes" until the Rogers staff could take over the management of Shaw's network. 

Customer service is now non-existent at both companies.

There are no "both" companies.  The Rogers front-line staff has been trained to handle formerly-Shaw problems. Also, Rogers probably retained many customer-support staff, and trained them to support Rogers customers.

I'll allow that Rogers probably "outplaced" many Shaw employees. Also, there is one group of formerly-Shaw-now-Rogers employees who were (and maybe still are) on strike against Rogers. That could reduce the level of support.

I am heading to Telus.

Remember that cancelling your Shaw two-year Value Plan has a $20/month penalty, for each of the remaining months in your contract.

It certainly cannot be this bad there.

Please tell us your experiences, after you switch.  Obviously, as a "new" customer of Telus, you are eligible for promotional discounts for the first 12 months. That is nice.

0 Kudos

Was that actually an Rogers Support reply?  How embarrass...

kgerrits
Grasshopper

Was that actually an Rogers Support reply?  How embarrassing for Rogers.

0 Kudos

-- check the pseudonyms for each person who posts to this...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kgerrits -- check the pseudonyms for each person who posts to this forum.  Any posts by Shaw are tagged as being by Shaw employees, and their ID starts with "shaw".

So, any response on this peer-to-peer forum is extremely likely to be made by a volunteer, investing their own time, to try to help you.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help