At the very least, one of the in home technicians should...

rstra
Grand Master

@egarageca At the very least, one of the in home technicians should have gone up the pole and changed your connector, they don’t last forever. While they can check your docsis levels in the office and the tech can check them from his or her phone, there are many other measurements that can only be obtained by getting up the pole and connecting a meter. 

thanks, but please reread  about LINE 6  "numerous calls...

egarageca
Grasshopper

thanks, but please reread  about LINE 6  "numerous calls and the like only make the frustration... no by the 3rd or 4th sheer anger worse... 2  technicians and supposed, ping ponging  around the SHAW tech wires one night 4.75 hours 9 personnel late"  
I can 95% say in agreement that weak signal coupled with a poor connection is going to be the root of my problems...

0 Kudos

THANK YOU, for concurring with what I mentioned. With now...

egarageca
Grasshopper

THANK YOU, for concurring with what I mentioned. With now over 30yrs of dealings with both cable and nearly exclusively SHAW cable this definitely isn't my first rodeo. I myself use a long list library numerous apps before even entertaining the though of calling "support line" both android and windows based which I am constantly using and changing up to ones I find better than past. Currently I use a combination of Ookla., glasswire, netspot and who is on my WIFI. None of the many persons @ Shaw I've had the misfortune of connecting with "using the term extremely loosely" have had any interest in hearing let alone reviewing any of the documentation I've recorded ,captured and kept track of.

0 Kudos

-- it would be terrible if Godzilla escaped from a movie...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@egarageca -- it would be terrible if Godzilla escaped from a movie set, and physically pulled-down the coaxial-cable between your home & the nearest telephone-pole, forcing the Shaw installer crew to bring their "cherry-picker" heavy equipment, to go up the pole, and to install new wiring, to re-establish your services.  Terrible, especially so close to Xmas, when the technicians may not want to leave their family, to make a "priority" site-visit to your home on Xmas day or Boxing Day.

0 Kudos

AW GEEZE MASS'A M- mimicking D- iscussion K- ing .. if we...

egarageca
Grasshopper

AW GEEZE MASS'A M- mimicking D- iscussion K- ing .. if we hadn't been who we was we da have still been much  a obliged for you to have done what ya'll der on day der big shinny SHAW CABLE company pewter. ... Please massa please don-na be sicking those mean ole cherry pickers down a my back alley directly in straight sight of our winder affa That big goddi-ziller y'all dream bout since all dem years wena ya were a lil thumb sucking grade 4 student. In other words. MERRY _ fff-n  CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO. Now run along little man (legend in yer own mind) and share more eggie nog with yer fellow Shae employees. ... I can be a wee touch sarcastic too it seems most people just call me a word rhyming with stick and it makes me no breaks me ... No I just laugh 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU but  MOSTLY TO ALL THE OTHER BELEAGUERED and so often under appreciated often ... ridiculed workers ... 

Yes, me too and it's been happening more often now, almos...

Joannerocks13
Grasshopper

Yes, me too and it's been happening more often now, almost every single day. It's not a payment issue because it's always up to date. It's frustrating especially when working. Like right now as I post this, I do not have any internet connection. I'm only using my phone's data. Shaw please do better! 

0 Kudos

-- physically, where is Shaw providing your service?  Do...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Joannerocks13 -- physically, where is Shaw providing your service?  Do any of your neighbours also have Shaw Internet, and are seeing outages at the same time as you?

Contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222). The Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" (and other values) to see if you have an issue with poor signal strength. 

Also, power-off the cable-modem (by briefly removing the power-cord) to restart it.

Also, check that the coaxial-cable from the cable-modem is tightly connected, and the cable is tightly-connected to the wall-port.

If you are not using WiFi, try a different Ethernet cable between your computer and the cable-modem.

If you have multiple devices, do all of them "drop" at the same time?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help