So *update* multiple disconnects yesterday and just stopp...

Hawkmoon
Grasshopper

So *update* multiple disconnects yesterday and just stopped working,even after unpluging for 30sec or waiting for an hour and had to schedule a tech today. 

Tech came and removed the amplifier, saying the line I had ( a "temp line") had a good signal after measuring. Also connected to the modem had an end that reduces either signal or power cant remember. That was removed as well.  Re-crimped the ends inside the grey box. No splitters in there.

Hopefully this will work out! Either that gonna hope shaw comes and buries an actual line soon?

0 Kudos

So, what was happening is there was an amp that was boost...

rstra
Grand Master

@Hawkmoon So, what was happening is there was an amp that was boosting the signal and a pad that was taking the signal away, that is really not good. Looks like you might have a technician that has it figured out now. Can you go in to 10.0.0.1 and copy your signal levels again and post them here?

Yup! (had to google pad) but yes that pad was attached to...

Hawkmoon
Grasshopper

@rstra Yup! (had to google pad) but yes that pad was attached to the modem. 
Yes it seems like it. 

update.png

Lets hope I'm stable now 🙂

0 Kudos

The levels without amp and pad are perfect. Let us know h...

rstra
Grand Master

@Hawkmoon  The levels without amp and pad are perfect. Let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos

So after giving it about 2 weeks time, it was stable for...

Hawkmoon
Grasshopper

So after giving it about 2 weeks time, it was stable for awhile then a few random disconnects occur. Though they were'nt as frequent and seem to go back up faster (d/c coax for 30 seconds and ethernet cable seems to do the trick, or wait for 5 minutezs) but its still average a dc per day. 

Though today i had 2 disconnects, one after the other during work. Frustrating, cuz i cant have that while doing my job. im at a loss. I dont want to say its my router cuz its brand new up to date in firmware ( asus ax82u gundam edition) but is it my settings that could be the issue? 

Im pointing fingers on the temp line. But still, is it normal for these d/c on a temp line?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help