Internet issues anyone ?

Bullwpg2020
Grasshopper

I Love Shaw it’s been about a month now....Intermittent cable not working, laughable internet speeds( paying for internet 300. Speed is roughly the same all times of the day....(when it does work! )wifi or hardwired) etc. A combined full work day worth of being on hold, trips from techs, new equipment sent in mail, having to mail the old equipment back!!! Yay. I just hate how we pay so much for tv/internet and no one is responsible or accountable. I have had some luck with one employee who seems like he cared but the result is the same. I know this isn’t as important with everything on in the world, but some of us need these services for working at home and connecting with humanity. Internet so bad I can’t even connect to their app to check my status 😹

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Sounds like you do have some valid complaints that need s...

rickatk
Master

Sounds like you do have some valid complaints that need some attention. I am posting to tell you to keep trying and be patient. I presently have a 1Gig service, lots of smart home devices and four wireless tv players. It took some work to get all the bugs worked out, but all in all everything works really well.

Ask for your problem to be elevated.

Focus on your connections, router and WiFi. Ask for a reprovisioning of your gear. Pay attention to where your gear, especially your router, is located. 

Use only Shaw modems and router.Also check the status of the service to your place. Look for external problems.

Good luck!

Hang in there it will come togetherer.

-- A combined full work day worth of being on hold While...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Bullwpg2020 -- A combined full work day worth of being on hold

While on hold, you should have heard a recorded message that online chat has priority over telephone. Can you do an online chat via a web-browser on your smart-phone, if your home network is unsteady?

Where are you physically located? Maybe, others in this forum are located near to you.

> trips from techs, new equipment sent in mail

Those technicians should have been able to measure the signal-strength incoming to your Shaw devices, and the signal-strength reaching each of your devices. Did they?  Did they open-up that "demarcation box" on the outside of home, and replace the coaxial-splitter?

Do you have more than one enabled cable-outlet in your home? As an experiment, can you temporarily connect your cable-modem to that outlet, and then connect via WiFi to it?  Also, try a different coaxial-cable between the wall-outlet and the cable-modem.

Also, try a different "CAT-5e" (or "CAT-6") Ethernet cable.

Do you have any coaxial-splitter inside your home -- "in" from the wall-outlet, and "out" to both your cable-modem and your TV box ? Can you temporarily bypass it?

Got a friend (or family-member) with a notebook computer, who can connect it to your cable-modem, to see what speed it gets?

Can you take your notebook computer to somewhere with "free Wifi" (McDonalds, TimHortons, Starbucks) or to a "ShawGo" or "ShawOpen" access-point, and run the Shaw Speed Test ? Probably, the "ShawGo" network will give you only 5 Mbit/second download speed, but it should be "stable", not "intermittent", if your computer is working well.

Also, while reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to make direct feedback to Shaw.

No Internet for more than 48hrs

Molitau
Grasshopper

It is unacceptable to have no Internet connection for more than 48 hours, and when I chat with the agent, 3 agents transfer me back and fore, finally no answer why the internet down for 48 hours.  When I check the services outage, the tech is still working hard to solve the problem. But no idea when they can fix it!

I also used the Shaw mobile, I used all my data. The Shaw mobile agent ask me to add $10/g data, then I can use the internet connection. When my contract expired, 100% will switch to other carrier. One thing is right, never put all the egg in one basket. 

I will rate Shaw customer services 0.5 star.

0 Kudos

I only see an outage in Vancouver and one from Ontario, b...

rstra
Grand Master

@Molitau 

I only see an outage in Vancouver and one from Ontario, but both only started today. If the issue is still not resolved, contact Shaw again for a service call.

0 Kudos

-- never put all the egg in one basket Note that Governme...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Molitau -- never put all the egg in one basket

Note that Government of Canada recently has approved the movement of all of Shaw's egg into the Rogers egg-basket.

So, please check the labeling on the egg-basket that you select.

0 Kudos

Check it again, and click "load more" then you will see t...

Molitau
Grasshopper

Check it again, and click "load more" then you will see the internet stop at least in the map show that from April 29 to Apr 30, but today is May 1!  This day showed not including April 28 around 9pm....

0 Kudos

Roger, Shaw Fido... Regardless, they are all in one baske...

Molitau
Grasshopper

Roger, Shaw Fido... Regardless, they are all in one basket even with Telus, freedom...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help