Re: Internet Shaw300 why not to upgrade.

mat_kleis
Grasshopper

I also had mine replaced.

The issues persisted as well for me.

The tech that came by was super nice and gave me a call a few hours after he had left and spoke with a few other techs, let me know I should try disabling IPv6 and give that a try. 

That unfortunately had no effect either

0 Kudos

sp4rx
Grasshopper

same...constant disconnects ever since I got it when it first came out

NEVER had issues with internet 150

I am going to try and see if I can get back on Internet 150, I am on hold...30 mins and counting

I have waited up to 90 mins lately

Garbage.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Use the callback feature. It's accurate to the estimated times you'll be waiting anyway, and you can do other stuff while you wait more easily.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

We just upgraded to 300 in Langley City.  I expected to see a huge difference.  So far, it has been worse.  I just did a speed test which showed download speed of 28mbps, and upload at 13.5 on my desktop computer which is hardwired to the modem with 6 feet of cable.

We still have the Hitron modem.  Perhaps upgrading to the Arris will help?  Suggestions anyone, or should I just drop Shaw and go to Telus?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey herdingr,

Happy to hear you upgrade to Internet 300! Those are certainly slower than expected download speeds. There may be several factors causing slower speeds as the upload speeds look good. If you haven't done so already, please try the troubleshooting steps here. Are you noticing the same slow speeds over WiFi on the 5G network as well? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I would like Shaw to address the issue.  I do not have time to fix Shaw equipment, and I do not get paid to do that.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

herdingr we certainly want to address your troubles. Please connect with our technical support members so we can further investigate the issue or schedule you a technician for a service visit. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Many calls to tech support and my connection still averages 50 mb/s on the Blue Curve Arris XB6 Shaw 600 connection.

Tech Support also won't let me try the Technicolor XB6 modem either to see if it will fix all my issues with:

Roger Wi-fi (iphone) calling becomes choppy or stops working.

Xbox online games disconnect

Netflix becomes choppy and blury and sometimes stops working

Amazon firestick stops streaming and On and on.

I never had these problems before getting the Blue Curve Arris XB6.

Isn't this an issue with promised service not being provided to someone who is locked into a service contract?

Does Shaw have service standards?

TALK TO US
We're here to help