Internet speed is nothing close to my plan

juansgcaedo
Grasshopper

Hi, 

I have the most expensive wifi plan and the download speed is nowhere near (only 20mbps when I pay for 1.5gbps). I know the speed of wifi is not going to be 1.5gbps but I expected at least 400mbps for wifi connection. Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Slow speeds on all devices? Contact Shaw to troubleshoot...

rstra
Grand Master

@juansgcaedo Slow speeds on all devices? Contact Shaw to troubleshoot and to make sure your modem is provisioned correctly.

0 Kudos

wrote:  I pay for 1.5gbps. I know the speed of WiFi is no...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@juansgcaedo wrote:  I pay for 1.5gbps. I know the speed of WiFi is not going to be 1.5gbps but I expected at least 400mbps for WiFi connection. 

You should get 1.5 Gbps coming from Shaw into your cable-modem.

If you have the newer Shaw cable-modems (XB7 or XB8), that can use the "AC" wireless protocol, and your WiFi device supports the "AC" protocol, then you should get over 1.0 Gbps into your device. If your device has an older "Wireless N" adapter, then you will get around 400 Mbps.

What results do you get on an Ethernet-connected computer, when testing with the Shaw Speed Test  -- assuming that the computer has a Gigabit-capable network adapter ? [If you have two Ethernet-connected computers, then simultaneously run that test on both computers -- you should get 750 Mbps on each computer, for a total of 1.5 Gbps.]

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help