Internet Timing Out

Not applicable

I have recently moved into a new apartment and have been having a lot of trouble with my internet. Specifically, my computer which is connected to the modem via an ethernet cable.

Often times the internet cuts out for a moment, usually just half a second to a few seconds. Just long enough for my connections to online games to time out and discord to time out. This happens no matter what I am doing on my PC.

It happens at all times of the day, but it will occur in bursts. For example it may be fine for 4 hours or so and then keep disconnecting every few minutes for a while.

I am using the Arris TG3482G, not in bridged mode. Please help!

5 Replies

Re: Internet Timing Out

shaw-tamara

Hi icomessy 

It sounds like you might have a loose connection or a wiring problem. When your internet drops, do you notice if the lights on the modem stay on or do they shut off? 

Something that might help is to try reseating your coax cables. To do that you can unplug the power on the modem, and then unscrew the cable from both the outlet and the modem. If you have a splitter, try disconnecting the cable connection there as well. Once that's been done you can connect the cables again and plug the modem back in. If it continues to drop after trying that, then your best bet would be to get in touch with technical support directly so they can check to see if they see any signal issues on our end. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

If you check this forum Shaw Thread - Page 36 - Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community  pages 36 32 and a few others, your not the only one having this issue(infact i have this exact issue as well)

If you know how to access your router from its ip i recommend going Connection -> MoCa and disabling the moca network because apparently it causes issues, I have yet to any issues after disabling it but only time will tell.Also it's possible the puma 6/7 cpu inside the xb6 is not problem free, as it also has known issues

0 Kudos

mboyko90
Grasshopper

Ive read thru so many posts and these micro disconnects. I can't believe this is a thing. I have the Technicolor Model:CGM4140COM and it suppose to be better, but it not the same issues with disconnecting. Trying to game nope, trying to watch anything nope. my MOCA is disabled but no luck. At this point, ill take the 150down guaranteed with no issues. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey mboyko90,

I am sorry to hear of the poor Internet experience you've been having. It may be something else that is causing the problems you are noticing. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend trying these troubleshooting steps here. If the issue continues to persist, your best bet is to touch base with technical support to further investigate or schedule a service technician.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Did it ever get fixed been having the same problem since...

wingmancole
Grasshopper

Did it ever get fixed been having the same problem since the free upgrade thing. Had technical support our here about 4 or 5 times yet internet still terrible.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help