IPV6

shukin
Grasshopper

Just wondering what the latest updates on IPv6 support is?  I have run a Tunnel Broker for years but I was hoping that Shaw might finally be supporting IPv6 natively.

Thanks

7 Replies

Re: IPV6

shaw-tony

Hey shukin,

IPV4 and IPV6 work concurrently with one another. The XB6 modem will have an IPV6 address attached to them. As for specific configurations, there is limited support that we can offer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

shukin
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony.  Just to be clear, If I have a XB6 modem, I can pull an IPv6 address from the network?  Is that using SLAAC or DHCPv6.  I assume that it is up to me to utilize the /64 or /48 that you give via the lease.

shaw-tony

shukin yes, if you have an XB6, you can pull an IPv6 address. From what I am aware, it is DHCPv6 but you should be able to use SLAAC or DHCPv6 to attain an address. I will suggest testing things around to see what works for you.

0 Kudos

pstorkey
Grasshopper

I have a XB6 in bridged mode with a pfSense firewall behind it. I was able to configure the pfSense to request a /56 delegation via DHCPv6.

Not applicable

Was there anything else you checked in your pfSense config?

I too have an XB6 bridged with pfSense behind it. It's also hooked up to a Telus WAN whose IPv6 is working perfect, requesting a /56.

Shaw, no go.

pstorkey
Grasshopper

On the WAN interface:

• IPv6 Configuration Type: DHCP6
  • Request only an IPv6 prefix
  • DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation size: 56
  • Send IPv6 prefix hint
  • Do not wait for a RA

On the LAN interface:

• Track IPV6 Interface: WAN

I hope that helps

Not applicable

I just switched from the Hitron to aXB6 modem and I now have ipv6 working.

My router is a Linksys Viper (E4200v2 / EA4500) running OpenWRT 18.06.0.

To get IPv6 working I set my WAN6 interface as follows:

Good luck.

TALK TO US
We're here to help