Jump to solution

Similar question.  I would also like to be able to shut o...

Neelam1
Grasshopper

Similar question.  I would also like to be able to shut off the wifi, preferably from the Shaw BlueCurve Home app.  My son has figured out how to use VPN to bypass the profile solution as suggested by the moderator.  I have unplugged the device as needed but end up having to hide it, otherwise he just plugs back in after I'm asleep.  Seems like a simple tech solution having the ability to shut off wifi from app.  Is there this possibility?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If you choose the “connect“ icon at the bottom, you’ll fi...

LTYC
Grasshopper

If you choose the “connect“ icon at the bottom, you’ll find your connected devices listed. You can then individually pause connection for each device manually or for up to 2hours. So far, have not found a way to set a specific time of the day to allow/restrict access though. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I also have a teen and I was unplugging it each night lik...

LTYC
Grasshopper

I also have a teen and I was unplugging it each night like others here but then the modem just stopped powering up one morning and I was without internet for 5 days until a new modem arrived. I have to find out if unplugging nightly was what broke it?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

login to your router. 10.0.0.1    ... then click connecti...

abebaby72
Grasshopper

login to your router. 10.0.0.1 ... then click connections, then wifi... then select 2.4 g and 5 g and turn them off manually

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The app allows us to restart the router.   What is missin...

nmarsh
Grasshopper

The app allows us to restart the router.  
What is missing is a stop and start command. So simple.

I only installed the app so that I could turn the router on and off automatically. How disappointing to find out that this app does nothing that I need it to do. Shaw, please pay some attention to the features that are important to your customers. Which may involve actually asking your customers how the app is working for them.
My feedback – the app is missing crucially important features (Specifically, 1.Turn off router 2. Turn on router 3. Lock router (so it can’t be turned on manually)

So for now the best solution is a mechanical timer.

Jump to solution

A smart plug

rstra
Grand Master

@nmarsh   A smart plug

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Mechanical timer is preferred. Smart plugs emit EMF

nmarsh
Grasshopper

Mechanical timer is preferred. Smart plugs emit EMF

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Smart plugs emit EMF.  Smart phones emit EMF. A teleph...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nmarsh -- Smart plugs emit EMF. 

Smart phones emit EMF.

A telephone base-unit for your wireless home telephone system emits EMF to reach the handsets.

Also, your neighbour(s) WiFi emit EMF.  So, unless you live on a rural farm, far from any neighbour, you're continually bathed in their EMF.

Your BC Hydro "smart" power-meter also emits EMF, every 10 minutes, when it "calls home".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you so much for stating the obvious. I suppose resi...

nmarsh
Grasshopper

Thank you so much for stating the obvious. I suppose resistance is futile and I will be assimilated.

Regardless of your implication, I do what I can to reduce my exposure, particularly while sleeping.  I have no wireless phone system, I turn my iphone off after 10pm, I turn my router off after 10pm, I turn off all my devices and I use EMF blocking blanket when I sleep.

The smart meter and my neighbour’s EMF- emitting devices do emit constant wellbeing-destroying EMF that I have no control over. But I think 5 of 7 is better than doing nothing at all. 

Jump to solution

turn off wifi from 12:00 am to 8:00 am

rayshields
Grasshopper

turn off wifi from 12:00 am to 8:00 am

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help