thank you for your feedback and comments! These changes w...

shaw-tony

@uwish @Sith @PacketMan @rstra @mdk thank you for your feedback and comments! These changes will affect new and existing Fibre+/Gig plans. The rollout has started for most customers, continuing into October. If you don't see the upgrade yet, hang on as we got you covered! Fibre+ 150 will see an increase to 15 Mbps and Fibre+ 300, 750, and Gig with a Shaw XB6 Gateway modem will increase to 100 Mbps. 

At this time, I haven't heard of any details on changes to grandfathered plans.

it looks pretty good for me

syman
Grasshopper

it looks pretty good for me

BD83D4F6-6540-4ECF-9244-66FBE1BA4A4C.jpeg

-- He then confirmed that it was available but would not...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sith -- He then confirmed that it was available but would not be available to Internet 600 customers.

That "Internet 600" plan is now a "grandfathered" plan -- not available to new subscribers. They have to choose from the "Fiber+" speeds: 300, 750, or 1000.

I doubt that many servers on the Internet can "push" out data at over 300 Mbps speeds. So, for me, upgrading from "300" to any faster speed won't be noticeable. But, if I have a bunch of bandwidth-consuming teenagers, then 300 would not be enough, if it were split and shared among their gaming-systems.

0 Kudos

Hi Shaw-Tony, has there been any update to the situation...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw-Tony, has there been any update to the situation in regards to the 600 plan customers, getting the 100mb upload?

I had spoken with another rep and a Manager, about a week or so ago and the Manager said he would ask up the line in regards to this, as he stated he understood the concern.

I really hope they do this for the existing customers who have an XB6 modem.

The alternative offered as noted before was a 61$ a month increase to my monthly rate, to go to the Fibre + 750 plan. Really hard to swallow as I just signed up in April, for two years and have been a customer since the asset swap, with Rogers.

Thanks in advance for your time with this. 

-- how much would it cost you to upgrade your current Val...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sith -- how much would it cost you to upgrade your current Value Plan to "Fibre+ 750", to bypass any possible restrictions on your "legacy" 600 Mbps plan?  The cable-modem that you currently have is not the HITRON, which is limited to a maximum of 300 Mbps download. So, your current modem must be the one that supports 300/600/750/1000.

Since this is just a peer-to-peer discussion forum, I recommend that you contact Shaw, and make an inquiry.

0 Kudos

Hi there, it will be a $61/month increase to go to the Fi...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, it will be a $61/month increase to go to the Fibre 750+, as I will lose all discounts that are currently applied to the package I signed up for in April. I have been told that discounts I got on Total TV are no longer available etc etc.

0 Kudos

I've also passed this feedback along the line. At this ti...

shaw-tony

@Sith I've also passed this feedback along the line. At this time, I have not heard of any new updates.

0 Kudos

Same here, on 1G plan in Langley and this increase in upl...

langley834721
Grasshopper

Same here, on 1G plan in Langley and this increase in upload speed is good news indeed.

0 Kudos

I think everone should get the speed shaw upload speed is...

dlomond
Grasshopper

I think everone should get the speed shaw upload speed is way to slow compare to telus.

0 Kudos

Fibre Plus Gig setup here in Parksville. Still only getti...

rickatk
Master

@Sith wrote:

Hi Shaw-Tony, has there been any update to the situation in regards to the 600 plan customers, getting the 100mb upload?

I had spoken with another rep and a Manager, about a week or so ago and the Manager said he would ask up the line in regards to this, as he stated he understood the concern.

I really hope they do this for the existing customers who have an XB6 modem.

The alternative offered as noted before was a 61$ a month increase to my monthly rate, to go to the Fibre + 750 plan. Really hard to swallow as I just signed up in April, for two years and have been a customer since the asset swap, with Rogers.

Thanks in advance for your time with this. 

Fibre Plus Gig setup here in Parksville. Still only getting 26Mbps upload. Patiently waiting for the modem update. Not to sure why for me, I don't upload a lot of files like for gaming. Just interested in watching the performance increase. I did notice a big increase in web page refreshes and smoother wireless TV with Fibre + Gig.

TALK TO US
We're here to help