Is there any way to replace the router Shaw has given me?

Not applicable

I honestly think that the router Shaw has given me, the Hitron CGNM-2250, is broken. I'm not getting the 300 download speed I'm supposed to get and there are multiple disconnects and problems such as high latency, packet loss and low bandwidth. I've talked to support over the phone, the only thing they've done is reset the router, but no luck there. I would love to get the newer router Shaw is giving out.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: Is there any way to replace the router Shaw has given me?

shaw-tony

Hey gaabee,

Thank you for reaching out! There are several factors that may be causing the slow speeds you are experiencing, upgrading to the newest modem may not necessarily resolve those issues. I have some details on how to get the most out of your Internet here.

To better understand your situation. Are you experiencing the issues you listed above over WiFi only or are direct ethernet connections affected as well? Do you have any 3rd party routers/switches attached to the Hitron modem? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried from here?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Yeah, I’m experiencing the same problems on Ethernet too. I have no other switches or routers connected to the Shaw one. As for the troubleshooting steps you linked, I tried all of them, but zero luck.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

gaabee thank you for the details and trying those steps. I'd recommend touching base with our technical support team members to schedule a technician to investigate further. It is possibly a signal related issue where a technician can resolve on site with you.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help