Issue deleting a contact from a Contacts Group

ECS
Grasshopper

I use a Contacts Group to email several people at once. I need to remove one contact from the group, but every time I try (clicking on the x beside the contact while in the group's editing mode) I get an error message immediately upon clicking the save button. I must have been able to do this in the past, but it's not working now. 

Labels (1)
12 Replies

that is certainly odd. Are you able to post an image of w...

shaw-tony

@ECS that is certainly odd. Are you able to post an image of what you see? Have you tried this in different browsers as it may be a browser extension causing problems.

0 Kudos

Thanks - I will try using a different browser next time I...

ECS
Grasshopper

Thanks - I will try using a different browser next time I’m on my computer. If I get the same error, I will take a screenshot and show it to you.

Have a nice weekend.

0 Kudos

Good morning, I tried using a different browser to delete...

ECS
Grasshopper

Good morning,

I tried using a different browser to delete the one contact from my Contacts Group, but got the same error. Screenshot below.

Contacts Group contact deletion error.PNG

0 Kudos

thanks for trying that. Are you able to paste an image of...

shaw-tony

@ECS thanks for trying that. Are you able to paste an image of "Show Details" and remove any personal information so I can see what the error reports? 

0 Kudos

Yes - sorry - here is the detailed error message:

ECS
Grasshopper

Yes - sorry - here is the detailed error message:

Capture - details of error when removing contact from Group.PNG

0 Kudos

thank you for sharing. Are you able to delete or add othe...

shaw-tony

@ECS thank you for sharing. Are you able to delete or add other contacts to your current list? Just trying to see if the list itself is not functioning properly or the contact itself is a problem. Also, if you create a new list, does the same thing happen with that one contact? Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

I recently added two new contacts to this list with no pr...

ECS
Grasshopper

I recently added two new contacts to this list with no problems. I just tried removing a different contact from the group, and got the same error message.

I just created a new test group, then added a couple of contacts and tried to remove one -- I was able to save with no error message.

It therefore appears that the problem is contained to my existing contacts group. When I have time, I will create a new contacts group for my unit and repopulate with every contact in the existing group except for the one I was trying to remove. Hopefully starting fresh will mean I'll be fine going forward.

0 Kudos

thank you so much for testing that! Sorry for that frustr...

shaw-tony

@ECS thank you so much for testing that! Sorry for that frustration as it may be a contact within your group causing issues. Hopefully, the list isn't too large to duplicate. Let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I can add. I cannot delete....

XCoach
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem. I can add. I cannot delete. I get the same error message. My list is quite extensive so I do not want to recreate and repopulate. Is there another solution?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help