It's time to increase the upload speed.

xi
Grasshopper

I am a teacher, I must run online courses at home because COVID-19. Although I chose the highest plan-Internet 600, its actual upload speed is only 20M. When I shared my screen with more than 15 students. the upload bandwidth is fully occupied, there will be a significant delay in the entire process. This led to a serious decrease in the quality of my courses

I know everyone is very difficult currently. Please for student’s education, upgrade the teacher's upload speed to 200M for free if possible.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Although it is expensive, a Shaw Business account allows...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Although it is expensive, a Shaw Business account allows 1000 Mbps download, and 125 Mbps upload. 

Not quite the "200" that you asked for.

Can you set your screen-resolution to a lower value, e.g., 1024-by-768?  That would transmit fewer bits to each student.

How are you connecting with the students? Most video conf...

rstra
Grand Master

How are you connecting with the students? Most video conferencing wouldn’t have everyone connecting to your computer, but through a remote server.

Microsoft Teams platform. Sometime I need to class activi...

xi
Grasshopper

Microsoft Teams platform. Sometime I need to class activity, useing onenote class collaborative space, students can work together in same time.

0 Kudos

Microsoft Teams platform. Sometime I need to class activi...

xi
Grasshopper

Microsoft Teams platform. Sometime I need to class activity, useing onenote class collaborative space, students can work together in same time.

0 Kudos

That should be cloud based, so your uploads should matter...

rstra
Grand Master

That should be cloud based, so your uploads should matter that much. 

Have you resolved any of the speed issues?  I am teaching...

SP62
Grasshopper

Have you resolved any of the speed issues?  I am teaching online from home this fall with 50+ students and I can't keep a connection even when hard-wired in.

0 Kudos

-- I have seen your posting on another thread on this for...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SP62 -- I have seen your posting on another thread on this forum, where you are getting less than 1 Mbit/second for your uploads (audio/video). Solve the problem in that thread, and you should be able to keep connected with your students.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help