Looking for a VPN with servers in Calgary

Not applicable

I'm looking for a VPN that has servers in Calgary. I've searched the web and find only Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal listed for Canadian server locations. With Alberta being almost as populous as BC there should be servers in Alberta. When I'm in Toronto I want access to businesses in Calgary, but connecting through Vancouver is not an option. Help!

As a possible solution, are there any paid proxies in Calgary I could connect to? I don't want free/web proxies, I'm looking for a commercial product. Again, help.

Any/all help is appreciated.

PS I did find a VPN that had servers in almost every major city in Canada but it was US$25/month and aimed at commercial interests. It was called Wonderproxy.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Looking for a VPN with servers in Calgary

allanbay2
Grasshopper

Kaspersky Secure Connection.

0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a VPN with servers in Calgary

Not applicable

I'm curious why connecting through a VPN service in Vancouver to a business in Calgary isn't acceptable.

0 Kudos

did u find one? i got westnet vpn in calgary its pretty g...

Gi-JiHad
Grasshopper

did u find one? i got westnet vpn in calgary its pretty good. Although it only maxes out at 500 megabits/second 

0 Kudos

> When I'm in Toronto, I want access to businesses in Cal...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> When I'm in Toronto, I want access to businesses in Calgary ...

Is there something "special" about those businesses, such that they don't accept secure-HTTP connections from outside of Calgary?

Maybe, the answer is access to the huge 50/50 pots that the Oilers and the Flames host for every game? Your IP-address has to be traceable to somewhere in Alberta, and you need an Alberta home-address, in order to play. Similar to www.canucks.com/online5050 for BC residents ?

Given that Shaw's headquarters is in CalGary, can you configure your web-browser to use Shaw's proxy-server: proxy.cg.shawcable.net ?

This proxy-server is probably not accessible from "outside" of Shaw's network, i.e., when you, in Toronto, connect to some non-Shaw ISP?

Shaw Internet is available in parts of Ontario: Atikokan, Dryden, Ear Falls, Fort Frances, Kenora, Manitouwadge, Nipigon, Red Lake, Sault Ste. Marie, Schreiber, Sioux Lookout, Terrace Bay, Thunder Bay, Wawa, and nearby communities.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help