-- there are detailed instructions (when to use "993" and...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Twilk -- there are detailed instructions (when to use "993" and when to use "995") on an online Shaw web-page.

0 Kudos

same problem for a few months now

doughilliker
Grasshopper

same problem for a few months now

0 Kudos

-- same problem Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion (...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@doughilliker -- same problem

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion (and "rant") forum.

Which of the various suggestions from other posts in this thread have you tried?

Have you contacted Shaw Support, to get them to trouble-shoot?

0 Kudos

I have tried everything but Shaw Support so far.It only a...

doughilliker
Grasshopper

I have tried everything but Shaw Support so far.It only affects my Apple devices - of which I have a few so it is inconvenient. For some reason it wont accept my password. Tried the Apple forum as well with no success .

0 Kudos

-- do any of your Apple devices run MacOS ? If so, launch...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@doughilliker -- do any of your Apple devices run MacOS ?

If so, launch the Terminal app.

Enter:  telnet pop.shaw.ca pop3 and press Enter.

Enter: USER doughilliker and press Enter.  Note that what you type may possibly not "echo" back to you. Do not make any typing mistakes. Substitute your Shaw E-mail ID.

Enter: PASS EveryGoodBoyDeservesFudge and press Enter.  Again, there may be no "echo" of what you have typed. Substitute your Shaw E-mail password.

Do you see "login failed", or some other prompt? If the latter, either type LIST or QUIT and press Enter.

Post the results here, after XXX-ing out your Shaw E-mail ID.

0 Kudos

command not found - telnet pop.shaw.ca pop3

doughilliker
Grasshopper

command not found - telnet pop.shaw.ca pop3

0 Kudos

-- TELNET is a depreciated program -- it sends your passw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@doughilliker -- TELNET is a depreciated program -- it sends your password as "clear-text". But, you can assume that nobody on Shaw's network can "sniff" any traffic leaving your device.

You may have to tell MacOS to install or "activate" it -- you certainly need to do this within Windows 10.

Or, on a Mac, instead of TELNET, try SSH ("secure shell"):  ssh pop.shaw.ca 110

(You've hit my limit of command-line utilities within MacOS. My "early 2008 MacBook" has not been supported by Apple since mid-2014. My MacBook is now running Windows 10, very nicely, with a few device-drivers added via Apple's "Bootcamp" package. It is cool to hear the Mac's start-up chime, at power-up, followed by the "4-panes-of-glass" Windows logo. With a SSD, it boots very quickly.)

I also have the same problem since about the same time an...

MM50
Grasshopper

I also have the same problem since about the same time and Shaw refuses to help.

0 Kudos

-- Shaw refuses to help Really? Welcome to this peer-to-p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MM50 -- Shaw refuses to help

Really? Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum.

Please give more details about what you are trying to do, and what problems you are encountering, and the contributors here will try to help.

0 Kudos

I have had this Macbook Air since late 2020. It is runnin...

Alex344
Grasshopper

I have had this Macbook Air since late 2020. It is running OS 12.2.1.
5 days ago my mail app stopped sending or so I thought. It turned out that traveling the ISP I am on is slow relative to at home. I contacted Shaw support and they suggested I do what I usually do when I have issues with mail on Shaw. I dumped my email account and attempted to add it back but I get a message that it cannot validate my credentials yet they are the same credentials I use on my iPhone and to log into Shaw Webmail. Shaw says it is my Macbook yet I have done this many times since I got this device.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help