McAfee Internet Tools for MacOS

burrsacc
Grasshopper

Hello

I would like to know why Shaw has not offered McAfee for Mac users. Since the newest generation of Macs now use Intel chipsets wouldn't it prudent to offer Shaw customers who are using Macs this complimentary service? My understanding is that Macs are also being targeted by cyber criminals. BellMTS offers free McAfee anti-virus to all of its users regardless of their platform choice. Does anyone else using a Mac think this a fair request and good idea?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

> My understanding is that Macs are also being targeted b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> My understanding is that Macs are also being targeted by cyber criminals. 

Everything, including an Internet-connected toaster, can be targeted by them.

When Apple updated from MacOS 9 to MacOS X, one of the new capabilities is of running MacOS on Intel processors, not only on the proprietary processors in their older computers.

Still, there's a lot of programming involved in rewriting the "kernel" of the Operating System, to add an abstraction layer between the computer hardware and the "application" software that interacts with the user.

I think this is a great idea and it has bothered me for a...

rstra
Grand Master

I think this is a great idea and it has bothered me for a long time. McAfee for MAC is relatively cheap, but why should we have to pay for it when SHaw PC users get it for free? I use Bitdefender for my MAC, gets good reviews and is a lot cheaper than McAfee.

Still rstra, it's a fair cop that we as Mac users should...

burrsacc
Grasshopper

Still rstra, it's a fair cop that we as Mac users should be given the same service as PC users.  It isn't as though we pay less for our Internet. Come on Shaw, offer Mac users the same security options for the same dollar for dollar service. I should file a complaint with the CTRC over this discrepancy. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help