My internet frustrations my story for you

ttodd0450
Grasshopper

First off i am very very happy with my shaw service..  both products and devices and even the interent speeds.

8/10  !

i find with my blue curve (bluewave?)  to my three ''lily pads''  thruout  my one level  1000 sq  condomuinium is great .. ) I have the modem in the 'center'  of my residence) /

I never have any buffering for Netflicks as an example ..

( sometimes a channel might freeze up  and not respond ..  (globalBc / CNN ) but I switch to another channel and seconds later  back again  all is good.

I am finding ourt that at  2 am 4am   5 am my internet speeds are Fatastically lightening  FAST for my winddows 10 PC ( latest updates )  with either - Google Chrome //  Edge /  Firefox  as my instlled browsers  all three  are quick..,,,    and of course Chrome is the fastest 

BUT ...,,  I find  if I use my PC windows 10 at say 12 noon  or 4 PM  or 6 PM the internet is so Slow I can't even log onto a web site .,

computer  just sits there, nothing no activity  .. ( my smart phone  with Telus as provider and.. being home.. using my shaw internet modem as the  internet for my Iphone 14., I  don't have as much or any issue an issue then i do with windows 10 laptop  or desktop  .. 

But my blue Curve with all my streaming aps ( mostly thru SHAW )  subscribed cablechannels lineups with  Netflicks/ Prime/ AppleTV+/ CraveTV/ Paramount Plus /  apple Music/  are my monthly paid contracts .

SO I know all about the neighborhood using their CABLE AT PEEK TIMES.., 

but seriously is there really this much of a drop OUT service for me on my PC windows 10 , which as I say is fantastastic in the early morning but considerably horrible in the afternoon. ( 3/10) 

If I  hadn't been up at 5 in the morning I would never know about this and just presume how terrible Shaw Cable could  be for others and myself at these Daytime hours .

Ideas ???

Thankyou

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- of course Chrome is the fastest Really? Since 2020,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ttodd0450 --  of course Chrome is the fastest 

Really? Since 2020, Microsoft Edge is based on the same "Chromium" open-source code that Google Chrome is also based on.  So, they should run at the same speed.  Does your Edge have "add-ons" or "extensions" that are not present within Chrome? 

At "peak" time, contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) and get them to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to see if there is any problem "inside" the modem.

Also, at "peak" time, when you are using WiFi to connect your iPhone to your cable-modem, is your iPhone slow?

At "peak" time, when you run the Shaw Speed Test app, what results do you get? Then, on a different computer with an Ethernet cable between it and your cable-modem, run the app again. Same speed (or lack thereof)?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help