MY Shaw and Webmail accounts Hacked -

DP6
Grasshopper

Yesterday I could not access my E mail or My Shaw account. I had everything reset and changed the passwords on the accounts. I still had messages missing for no reason that should have come to me. Shaw tech indicated that someone using my name attempted to access my account and did not get access. Upon further investigation by myself, I found that not only did the give them access to My Shaw; But the person added filters on my Web mail to forward all the bank e-mails and signed up to localbitcoins.com using my e-mail address. The filters added where just a comma so you could not see that; these were being forwarded.Shaw Webmail hacked (2).PNG

Labels (1)
6 Replies

- Terribly sorry that this thread was missed! Please note...

shaw-monica

@DP6 - Terribly sorry that this thread was missed! Please note, this platform is not closely monitored like our other platforms. It looks like you have gotten things sorted out. Just a kind reminder, always try to change your passwords on occasion to ensure your accounts remain secure 😊

Down the road, if you are needing immediate assistance, contacting our team at https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us is the best method to get in touch.

0 Kudos

This is someone on your staff!

Cherri3
Grasshopper

This is someone on your staff!

0 Kudos

-- This is someone on your staff! That is a very serious...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cherri3 -- This is someone on your staff!

That is a very serious allegation.

If you have any proof for your claim, you should contact your local police (or RCMP), and talk to the manager at your local retail Shaw outlet.

0 Kudos

I appear to have been hacked as others are receiving emai...

Pkinkaide
Grasshopper

I appear to have been hacked as others are receiving emails from my email address.  The mails are stating that I am having an emergency and asking them to send me $300 in Amazon cards.  I can no longer access my webmail or receive/send email from my Shaw account.

0 Kudos

Login to my.shaw.ca and change you password. If you can’t...

rstra
Grand Master

@Pkinkaide Login to my.shaw.ca and change you password. If you can’t login, contact Shaw. 

-- I appear to have been hacked as others are receiving e...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pkinkaide -- I appear to have been hacked as others are receiving emails from my email address.  

It is possible that a friend of yours had their E-mail hacked, and your friend's list of "contacts" included your Email ID. So, the scammer "harvested" your E-mail ID, and is abusing it by spoofing your ID in the E-mail that they are sending.

If you have one of those scam E-mails, check that the "From:" field is EXACTLY your ID, or is slightly different. Also, check that there is no "Reply-To:" tag that cites the scammer's ID -- any replies to that E-mail would go to the scammer, rather than to the ID in the "From:" field.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help