Jump to solution

--  to set up and interact with smart devices, I think th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LL33 --  to set up and interact with smart devices, I think the phone needs to be on 2.4

Really?

Your phone is communicating with the Shaw cable-modem router via Internet Protocol, and that router is communicating with your devices via Internet Protocol. It is not a case of your phone directly communicating with your devices.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for this.  We ended up getting rid of the wifi...

LL33
Grasshopper

Thank you for this.  We ended up getting rid of the wifi booster and putting the blue curve in a room away from all the tv//home theatre stuff and that seems to be the best solution for us as it’s a pretty small home actually...   We also switched most bulbs to Phillips hue which is much more easily integrated with our google home.  Thanks for your comments!!

Jump to solution

I got into the Curve using the provide URL but don’t see...

colin_houghton
Grasshopper

I got into the Curve using the provide URL but don’t see any place to separate SSIDS.  I am

in Settings >> Wan and Lan 

where how do I omit them?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It turns out only way to do this supposed to call Shaw su...

colin_houghton
Grasshopper

It turns out only way to do this supposed to call Shaw support. I got them to do it online and they created 2 SSIDs for the 2 networks ,using the names that I’ve suggested, from their end.  There was no interruption once they made the change. I kept my original name on the 2.4, and the original password

Jump to solution

You can go to 10.0.0.1 select Connection then Wifi, and r...

rstra
Grand Master

@colin_houghton You can go to 10.0.0.1 select Connection then Wifi, and rename the networks there.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This has nothing to do with band steering! This is for ch...

Bob49
Grasshopper

This has nothing to do with band steering! This is for changing your network name/password. This was no help at all with band steering. Big thumbs down if I had that selection.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback. By separating your WiFi network...

shaw-daniel

@Bob49 Thanks for your feedback. By separating your WiFi networks into 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, your home devices can stay on the connected frequency without being steered into the other band by the WiFi modem. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- there no solution via that link or access. Where does...

NEBC_Guy
Grasshopper

@mdk -- there no solution via that link or access. Where does one specifically DISABLE BAND STEERING?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

do you not Separate them by Disabling Band Steering?  Ren...

NEBC_Guy
Grasshopper

@shaw-daniel do you not Separate them by Disabling Band Steering?  Renaming them won't simply separate them, correct?  Mine were separate and labeled by band but now the new modem has that messed up, I also need to separate or disable band steering...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Having separate SSIDs will disable band steering.

rstra
Grand Master

@NEBC_Guy Having separate SSIDs will disable band steering. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help