Signed up for a new XB7 Gateway. In the process I was abl...

rickatk
Master

@Spatch wrote:

I upgraded to fibre+ 1.5 gig on Thursday (Iโ€™m in Mission BC) and had my shiny new modem on my porch Friday afternoon.  With the promo pricing theyโ€™re currently offering my price only went up $14 from what I was paying on fibre+ gig.  I might also return the pod because the new modem seems to be managing all the traffic nicely throughout the house, meaning my net increase would be four bucks.  Sweet deal.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Signed up for a new XB7 Gateway. In the process I was able to consolidate all my promotions which were ending at different times over the next year. I ended up with a new 2 Year plan: Fibre + 1.5Gb Total TV with minor changes to the tv line up from my old tv package. No changes to anything else. Phone, super pod and wireless TV boxes remain. These changes resulted in a decrease of $20.00/mo.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Like @Spatch I will evaluate the overall performance of the XB7 router before adding the super pod again. Sending it back will result in a savings $10.00.

I chose to purchase the Eero 6 Wifi 6 mesh system and sta...

nanuuk
Grasshopper

I chose to purchase the Eero 6 Wifi 6 mesh system and stay on the 300GB plan. Works great. Just remember that unless you have new devices designed for the Wifi 6 standard you won't achieve the speeds you're expecting from that standard. Your increase is from the 1.5 gig.

TALK TO US
We're here to help